Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Hunting for 618

It was rainy and gloomy all day yesterday.  I had previously decided to sketch the item "something you see while sitting inside your car".  The plan was to sketch the dash and then sit in the car and sketch "outdoor scene".  This was before the rain.  I went out with the big book and it barely fits to sketch on the drivers side.  It was too rainy to pull the car out, would have to run the wipers so I just sketched the gear shift and part of the dashboard.

I came back in the house and sketched from the dining table for the outdoor scene.  I have sketched the back lakes many times.  This particular view of the bridge had been covered by trees.  They took down a cluster of trees because of the pine beetles and now we have a clear view of the bridge.

Scavenger Hunt 618
Number 7, something in the car - Micron 02 in the big book

Number 8, outdoor view - toward the easterly lake - Micron 02 in the big book, left out many trees with my artistic license.

Someone had a wedding down by the bridge on Saturday.  The official photographer was the woman in the white shirt with pink sleeves on the right.  Hope her photos were better than mine!  I took several photos and this one was the only one with the bride partly showing.  She had a beautiful long lacy dress.

Number 6 for the Hunt was a pastel sketch.  I only spent about 20 minutes on wiped off paper.  The little wart hog is so cute/ugly.   It speaks a couple of "voice" statements from the Lion King it seems.  I'm not sure why I hadn't sketched it before, it was from Christmas.  Thanks, Gene.

Number 6, animal - stuffed Wart Hog.  After I typed that I thought, he's not really stuffed, right?  Should be stuffed toy.




Gene and I finally put up the paintings that Christy, Nick and Lisa painted 4 years ago in Kentucky.  Carolyn painted, too.  It was her first painting so she took it with her.  A fun time.  The paintings look great in our dining room.  (The paintings on the right of the door are by me, Lou Baggett and Carolee Clark)

I posted when we had our Margarita painting party here:
https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2015/11/road-trip-sketches-photos.html

Good memories, eh?

Kelly Borsheim, sculptor, pastel artist, oil painter is living in Italy as I told you before.  She is offering workshops there.  Oh, I would love to go.  She is a superb artist and so knowledgeable.  I'm sure her workshop would be a great experience.  Think about it!

https://borsheimarts.com/blog/152289/library-of-dreams-what-is-your-desire

4 comments:

Mary Lemmenes said...

Hi again. I don't know why blogger is stubbornly labeling my comments either anonymous or with my husband's name lately. Very frustrating. I hope this comes through as being from me, i.e., Mary.

Jo Castillo said...

Mary, weird. Blogger wouldn't let me publish your comment either, so here it is:
I love way you have hung the paintings above the door as well as to the right of it--very creative! And it all looks great. Seeing various views of your lakes over time is really interesting, Jo--thanks.

So, thanks for the comment. I love the paintings and it is nice to see them every day. And thanks for being persistent. I'm smiling.

Jennifer Rose said...

I want to go to Italy so bad, so much history to the place and so much to see :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I'm with you on wanting to go to Italy. I just don't want to fly anywhere anymore. Thanks for stopping in.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)