Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, January 20, 2020

Hunt 618 Doorway

Scavenger Hunt 618 calls for doorway and sink as a couple of items.  I was pretty sure I hadn't sketched the sink in the guest bathroom and doorway so that is where I headed with the big sketchbook and my Lamy pen.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475894


Number 4 door/doorway and Number 5 sink - guest bath .  There was a lot of ink on the page showing through from the previous sketch of the tree.  I think the Lamy ink sits on the page without soaking through as much.  We will see.

I did not do a pencil sketch first.  I rarely do that.  Sometimes that would pay off, probably a lot in this case.  I just don't do it.  I get bored to do things over and always think it is only a sketch anyway.  Maybe I should take my sketching more seriously.  What do you think?  What do you do?

Gene framed some  paintings this afternoon that the family painted a few years ago in Kentucky in a paint along.  Photos to come.  We will put them up in the dining room.

It is bright and sunny out but not too warm.  We did go for a walk.  That is always good.




4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Hope you had a chair to sit on while you sketched this in your big book. They do get mighty heavy! Nice!!

Jo, thank you so much for all your encouragement and support these last few weeks. I am hoping that the rehab facility will get Jerry stronger, in a more positive frame of mind, and able to get around. It is great to have people like you behind us!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks for the comment and stopping by. Know you are busy, busy. The book does require a chair! Wishing the best for you both. Take care of yourself. Happy to see you sketching. Hugs.

Jennifer Rose said...

I usually just sketch with a pen, its good practice since you can't erase it :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, exactlly! It is good practice and faster than going over something a second time.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)