Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, June 05, 2023

Trees Challenge

The Hunt has tree on the list with a challenge for more than one kind.  I'm stretching to show water as well.  I was going to add color to make the water stand out more, but you know me.  I like just pen and ink sometimes.

For Hunt 71  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-71-jun-3-jun-11.5542/




Number 2 tree - with the challenge of more than one kind.  Loblolly pines in the first sketch and trunk in the second.  Oak tree in the last sketch.

Number 3 water - in the first and second

These sketches in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Micron 03

We walked all the way around the ponds yesterday.  We hadn't done that in a long time.  Today Gene rode his trike and I rode the stationary bike.  Always good to do "something" exercise wise.

The Longhorn baseball team won their game yesterday and will go to the Super Regional.  Today will determine where.  Stanford and Texas Aggies are playing.  If Stanford wins the Horns will go to Stanford.  If the Aggies win they will determine the location.  Aggies have more wins in the season, but there are lots to consider.  The announcers said they should put the game in a neutral pro stadium to get 20,000 or so fans.  About 8,000 fit in the Texas or Aggie stadiums I think.  NCAA rules are weird so don't know what will happen.



5 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Like them all but wonder if sketching trees or any nature should be so hard in edgelines, ...

Have you ever seen work from Edward Wesson? He sketched with matchsticks which he burned first a bit but use them after that as drawingpens for East indian inck, ... look him up it might be inspireing.

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad to see your lake sketches. I like how you snuck in water too. I haven't done that item yet for my hunt.

Jo Castillo said...

Rene, thanks. You are right on the strong lines. Should have taken a pen that is about out of ink! Joan that comments on my blog sketches with sticks and odds and ends. Very effective. Thanks for sharing about Wesson.

Joan, thank you. That is lazy me to sneak in the water, I might get a better water drawing later. ha.

bag blog said...

Speaking of bikes, Toby and I got new electric bikes. We got the Aventon Adventure with big tires. It has regular gears and peddle assist. So you have to peddle for the assist to work. It is so nice! It had gotten where I hated riding bikes trying to keep up with Toby on these hills. But now the E-bike assist is great. Yet, I still get exercise. It also has a throttle like a motorcycle, but I try not to use it.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, wow, new bikes sounds great. Good for you. I've been watching baseball and not painting. Nothing new here.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)