Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 07, 2022

The End of Hunt 40


The end of the Hunts often come before I actually finish more than a few sketches.  I think my average now is about 10.  My high was about 15.  I did finish all 26 items a few times.

This sketch was done on a camp chair out in the driveway in the shade Thursday morning.  The umbrella is from Canada, obviously.  We got it for golf so it is very large.  It was well used and has really held up.  It has to be at least 16 years old.  Even when it wasn't used it has been in the back of the cars and probably on the bottom of the pile when we traveled or at least moved around a lot.

I sketched with the Micron 03 and then added some of the Blick gray marker pens.  The red was a Splash brush-pen, ink.

For the end of Scavenger Hunt from Life 40

Number 9 car - it does not have a flat
Number 10 umbrella 

Blogger wouldn't post my image last night.  We will see if it works now.  You can usually click to see it a bit larger.

    

4 comments:

bag blog said...

I like the little red splash. Also the light to dark is good - especially with a marker.

Joan Tavolott said...

Great sketch. Sounds like you got a lot of use out of the umbrella. I was having trouble with blogger yesterday too and tried to post over and over. It wasn't working! Finally I clicked on the image after I selected it and I was able to upload it. It is strange how all of a sudden I had to post it differently.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Still a good umbrella! Blogger uploaded the image every time so have many copies in the archives someplace. Ha.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, for years I added dollops of red ink someplace on the black and white ink drawings. There are 6 shades of gray in the markers but the 3 dark shades are very similar.




About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)