Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Hunting #38

I said on the Hunt 38 page that it is a "beautiful day in the neighborhood".  Well, that is in the morning.  It is supposed to get to 95 degrees F.  But we are off to a good start.  Gene's sister Velma is here so we saw the kiddos yesterday, except for Larry  https://www.larrycastillophotography.com/  He is off in the Dallas area photographing a triathlon of some sort.

We had a good day and then went to The Bugle Boy to see Emily Gimble.  She is the granddaughter of Johnny Gimble one of the original Texas Playboys I think, super fiddler.  Emily plays the piano and the show was great!  We bought a CD of hers playing with her grandfather and father.  How cool is that?

Today I sketched in the Art Street Mixed Media sketchbook.  I think I got it at one of the dollar type stores.  It is pretty good paper for the price.  I sketched with the normal Micron 02 pen.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 38  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-38-sep-12-20.4431/


       



Number 4, building - the fishing shack next door.  Well, I call it a fishing shack, it is actually a storage shed for the house next door.

Hope your weekend is going well.

 

 


9 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice textures on the shed!!! Sounds like you all are having a good time visiting and taking in a little music!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Joan. Thank you so much. A family visit is always good, especially at our age. Ha.

R's Rue said...

So lovely

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thanks so much. Hope you are having a great day.

bag blog said...

It is supposed to be a warm week. Then I hope it cools off a bit, well, maybe a lot. Our mornings have been very nice, though. I try to get out to the pottery room and do some pots while I can leave the doors and windows open. "Fishing shack" brings about a certain connotation, much different than "storage shed." Nice sketch, though.

Jennifer Rose said...

35C pass lol

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, looks like all of September will be around 95 degrees. Yikes. Mornings are nice. Thanks on my sketch.

Jennifer, I don't blame you for passing on 35C. We used to use Centigrade in South America .. I like about 25C.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo this is my kind of scene. Love how you included the trees in this sketch. Hope your are surviving your heat. Have a great day. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Debbie, thanks so much. I like this scene a lot.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)