Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Sketches with Watercolor

I sketched at physical therapy yesterday and on the porch today.  Gene's sister arrived yesterday.  Always fun to have family visit.  We enjoyed seeing her daughter and husband, too.  They dropped Velma off as they traveled on to Florida.

I sketched in the Ohuhu mix media sketchbook with the Ohuhu 0.3 pen.  I felt obligated to add a bit of watercolor. 



For the new Hunt https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-38-sep-12-20.4431/

Number 1, a body part - several of the waiting room folks


Number 2, something with a snap - Velma's white robe with lavender flowers
Number 3, an eating or cooking utensil - a small skillet with burned spatula.  The spatula is very much gone, but the skillet looks fine.  New non-stick stuff.  Need to check it before using.

I went to boil some macaroni and turned on the wrong burner.  Gene asked what the crinkling noise was and I said boiling water, then smelled the smell.  Not good to breathe that in.  We had three almost fires on the stove top this week.  Three generations, too -- me, my daughter in law and my granddaughter.  Where were our minds??  Not on cooking evidently.  Burned:  my pan and spatula, pizza and melted legs on skillet and rice cooker.  Each in our own homes.  Crazy, eh?

 

7 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Great job with these sketches. Had to smile when I read about all three generations having the same thing happen within the week. Perhaps all your minds were on creating instead of cooking. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks Debbie. One of the artists on the Scavenger Hunt said my spatula looks like bacon ... i have to agree. You put all our melted stuff together and we ruined a couple of dinners and more down the road. Ha.

Joan Tavolott said...

I like the legs sketches!! I sort of burned something tonight...caught it just in time. I tend to think I lowered the burner and actually didn't. It is hard to tell what heat is under the pots and pans with an electric stove. I've also melted a good part of a plastic cutting board putting it on the stove on a burner I didn't realize was on. Hope we are all more careful in the future.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you! We do have to be careful. I had some fun remarks, one "no wonder you had problems it was a full moon!" Take care. Hugs.

bag blog said...

The body parts sketches are great. Crossed legs are difficult, but you did well. I like the color too. Stove accidents are scary. I often manage to turn the gas on, but not the fire, which is also dangerous with propane filling the air.

Jennifer Rose said...

i have melted many a spatula lol

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thank you. I like ink and watercolor, easier than plain watercolor for me. Ha.

Jennifer Rose, I have melted a few things. Legs on an electric skillet and Gene put wooden feet on it for me. It was a pretty new skillet. I'm pretty sure this pan is still OK, just the spatula melted. I thought it was silicone, but evidently not.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)