Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, September 11, 2022

The End of Another Sketchbook

My usual broken record speech:  Sketching on the porch and a beautiful morning!

Yesterday we did have some new visitors going around the lakes on the path.  Horseback riders are a rare sight.

You can always click on images for a slightly larger look.


I sketched for the Scavenger Hunt from Life number 37B, we had skipped this 9 day run and titled it B rather than change the dates on all the lists scheduled until the first of next year.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-37-b-sep-4-12.4410/

Number 4, related to the sea - not much on hand around here.  I do have this one shell, maybe abalone?? Sort of beige with spots from beige to dark brown.  Sleek, smooth and pretty.
Number 5, leaf - I sketched some of the leaves from the vine on a tree by the shed.  It may be poison oak.


Number 6, nature - picked out one of the big Loblolly pines across the field.  Not very full on its own.
Number 7, outdoors - the scene in the corner from the porch with fence, vine, trees and lake already sketched many times
Number 8, living thing - the hummingbirds

And that, ladies and gentlemen, finishes the Canson regular sketchbook, 9 x 12 inches, 100 pages.


I started it on January 16, 2014.  I was sketching 4 or so sketches per page at first, so lots of sketches.  Looks like I sketched about half of it this year.  I guess it was pushed to the bottom of the pile while I worked on the coffee table book.

Here is a couple of sample pages from the first part of the book.  All the sketches are here in my blog, probably one by one.



Some sketches were a whole page like the rocking chair from my last post.  Always so good to finish a sketchbook!!

8 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

That book must be chock full of fun items that you sketched. It is fun to look back at the sketches from the past...and that book has past and present. On to the next one...

Jennifer Rose said...

im surprise there are not more horseriders there since its so green

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. I'm always surprised at how much I have sketched. Great memories when you look back. Even though they are ordinary things you remember the when and where. As you say on to the next and more memories.

Jennifer Rose, the area is for home owners use so not many horses here in the actual area. Always fun to see but gone by the time I could get out for better photos.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh I am sure over the years you have so many wonderful sketches in this one. What fun and such a nice way to keep track of different things happening in your life. I clicked on your pages to see them closer. Looks like you explored such a variety of subjects. Hats off to finishing this sketchbook. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thank you so much. The sketchbooks do act like journals and have good memories in them. Sometimes better than photos. I never could keep up with a diary, but I have kept the blog going somehow.

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thank you. :-)

bag blog said...

Congrats on finishing the big sketch book! I used to go through sketch books constantly when I was young, but not so much anymore. My grandson goes through lots of them, so I buy him cheap sketch books at Ross or Walmart when I think of it.

Are you going to do Inktober?

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thank you so much. I think I have more sketchbooks started than finished. Great that your grandson likes to sketch and draw. Applause!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)