Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Shoe Stacked Sketch

Are we in a routine again yet?  Still not painting and not sketching as much.  I'd better get with it.

Today I sketched while Gene was in physical therapy.  It was his last session for a while.  Maybe that is a good thing.  We shall see.

I sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook, mix media, with a Micron 03 for Scavenger Hunt from Life 39.  I'm host so needed to get busy.  The Hunt started on the 20th.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-39-sep-20-sep-28.4454/

Number 1, shoe - several from the folks in the waiting room.
Number 2, stacked - I substituted a magazine rack with the items all squished down.  Probably sort of stacked vertically at one point.  

Both sketches with a Micron 03.  I like using a bit thicker line when I'm out so I can get the sketch down more quickly.

I subscribe to a plein air blog and this was an article from a couple of days ago.  Some ideas for beginning to paint outside, plein air.  Some good reminders for us that are not quite beginners, eh?

https://www.outdoorpainter.com/18-plein-air-tips-for-beginners/


You may have missed this article from years ago, still good for plein air painting.  I think the sight had evolved to lessons, but my article is still there:

https://www.artinstructionblog.com/plein-air-painting-with-pastels-city-of-rocks#more-388


3 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Super post

Jennifer Rose said...

hopefully the physio helps gene!

Jo Castillo said...

Rajani, thanks so much. I'm enjoying your captured moments in time.

Jennifer Rose, it's hard to tell but he did well. Yesterday was the last for a while. We will continue here .... hopefully.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)