Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hunt 34 Over Already

Hunt 34 is already over, it seems like it just started.  I only got 6 sketches done.  The older we get the faster time goes by.  I mentioned here earlier about this because more time has passed to base our feelings on.  When you are a young child a day is a long time, to me a day is just a moment.


 Number 5, from the back of the closet in the regular sketchbook with the Sharpie pen.


Number 6, houseplant - at the Physical Therapy local.  Gene started up again today.  Their plants looked very "sad".  The last one was sort of a silhouette in the window.  In the small travel sketchbook with a Sharpie pen.  Only a few more pages left in that.  I will get a new one next week.  I want another Canson Mix Media.  Hobby Lobby is in the next shopping center.

The last sketchbook I bought at Jerry's had regular paper.  I gave it to my niece to encourage her to sketch more.  Jerry's didn't have any of the Canson sketchbooks.

I also played in watercolor the last couple of days.  I'm not sure why I punish myself.  Not really, but watercolor is difficult and practice would help.   I would remember what I did the time before if I tried another painting sooner.

This was from a photo on creativespark.art for the August Challenge.



I finished the first one and the background was too light and bright to show the white bike.  I darkened it and added some black ink that I didn't like but all in all I learned something.  The brushing on the far background was not good for the paper and I got some blooms.  It is what it is and I learned a bit.

Practice, practice, practice.


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad you are finding things to sketch. The watercolor worked pretty well with the background darker. Nice!!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. The darker colors work but the paper isn't good enough to take the brushing where I moved the horizon line or back trees. I will learn with every practice.

bag blog said...

Watercolor does seem like a learning experience - things just seem to happen. The bike worked out well. Try to stay away from black in watercolor. It goes to mud pretty easily. Maybe some Prussian blue would work.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thanks for the black advice. I did use black ink on the reworked bike. I do think there is black watercolor on my palette. I'll watch out for it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)