Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, August 11, 2022

New Hunt 35

You can always count on a new Scavenger Hunt from Life.  We put up a new list every 9 days with 26 everyday items that you can find around your house or area.  We have sketchers from all over and we learn from them and about their area.

We've been "Hunting" since 2006.  You have definitely seen most of our stuff.

Today I sketched in the living room on my footstool in the regular paper Canson sketchbook.  I'm not sure where I got this bigger book but started it in January 2014.  It is almost full.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life 35

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-35-august-10-18.4293/#post-73565



You can click on the image to see it a bit larger.

Number 1, banjo - I substituted my ukulele.  It was a gift a few years ago from Brandon for Christmas.  I just can't fit my fingers and get comfortable to practice.  My soft fingers cover more than one string.  I'm told I need to practice and get calluses.  That's not going to happen.  I haven's decided on disposition so still around for sketching.  The case is black and the strap is very colorful.  The uke is light colored wood.

We had the A/C folks in today for the summer checkup.  A little late, but all in order.  Good thing as the temps are still 100+ degrees every day and no rain.  There have been some small fires in the area.  Many fires all over Texas and west.  Not good.  Then flooding, mostly flash floods in Arizona and New Mexico.  Can't win for losing as the old saying goes.


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice job on the uke. It is fires or flooding...can't we find a way to bring the water where it is needed?

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. Yep, always uneven. Guess If we could control the weather it would be great. :-)

bag blog said...

My youngest grandson, Jethro, has a ukelele. He can't play it either, but he gives it a go now and then. I am surprised the dog doesn't howl. In one of our art shows last year someone brought in a guitar with a very colorful strap. It was the strap that was the art - very colorful. Maybe you should do a pastel of your uke and strap.

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, thanks. Joanna went to a concert with a ukulele person. She said he is great. I'll find the name. There are some great lessons on youTube for playing. I think your idea for a painting is a great use for mine!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)