Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Recharge

I took a couple of days off to recharge.  Because I've been in the no painting mode, I don't want to take too much time off.  Even time off from sketching can make my fingers and brain go quickly into procrastination mode.  Then is is very easy for me to say,  "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Larry came out yesterday and helped us get our Christmas stuff out of the attic and to put new batteries in the smoke alarms.  We are trying to keep Gene off of ladders, not easy.  We usually change the batteries on New Years, but one started "cheeping" a few days ago.  So irritating.  We went to town to get a few things and forgot to get the batteries.  We went back to H.E.B. - the grocery store.  They had thousands of batteries, but no 9V for the smoke alarms.  We had to go to Walmart or drive out of our way to go to Lowe's or Hobby Lobby.  We found some.  Yikes!  $8 for two batteries and we needed 6.  I don't like all the battery stuff, what a waste.  We do recycle them but still......

So back to the sketching.  We were out on the porch and one of the items was breakfast.  I sketched the loaded bagel and my coffee.  I've done those same items a few times.  I don't mind repeats and you know I like to eat my models whenever I can.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life Number 5.  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-5-dec-12-dec-20.2904/

Number 1, breakfast, green plate, blue and red cup and red, white and blue coaster.


8 comments:

R's Rue said...

Love ❤️

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, back at you.

Joan Tavolott said...

Breakfast looks good! I have the same thing every morning...an omelet (rather blah to sketch. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I know .. in general breakfast is the same here unless the kids come or I just have to have a tortilla. Ha. I have sketched the rice cakes many times.

Jennifer Rose said...

you could always get smoke alarms that are wired to the electricity, no batteries to worry about

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer, these are wired into the electricity but have batteries for backup if there is no power. Double safe, I guess. :-)

Bag Blog said...

I have only put out a few Christmas things. With Toby recuperating from surgery, we have become couch potatoes or Scrooges or Grinches. Shay and Lindsay are coming for Christmas Eve with the babies. I would like to make things special, but getting Christmas presents and cards ready is taking all my time. I need Larry to come put up my lights.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, we don't put up very much. I guess I forgot to say that the painter took down the hooks for the lights when he painted the trim on our house, so no lights on the edge of the roof. Went to put them on the fence and the string was not working so no lights at all now. Ha. Larry would be happy to put up your lights. Might be a bit of cost in getting there. He is in Houston taking photos for little kids baseball??? Seems a strange time for baseball. It is warming up here again for Christmas. Today was nice about 65 degrees.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (131) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (978) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1802) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)