Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Soft Toy and Iron

Sometimes the items on a Scavenger Hunt list just seem to go together for a little still life arrangement.  This makes it easy to combine several items into one sketch.  I don't think these items go together but they fit for this sketch.  I worked from top down and evidently started the leaning left thing and got the bottom of the Dutch oven too long and too flat.  Sad, I know.

For Scavenger Hunt From Life Number 4
Number 8  soft toy - from Gene
Number 9  can - HEB pepper can, you don't see many metal spice cans anymore
Number 10  favorite artistic tool - the Micron 02 at least for the day
Number 11  made of iron - a Dutch oven that belonged to my mother-in-law Frances

These were sketched in the big book with a Sharpie Pen.

Maybe I could correct it by puting a black table underneath....

Correcting in Photoshop looks like this.  That would help a little.  Maybe I will do that.  I could use a Brush or Chisel pen.  I will check that out.  Especially since it is the last sketch in the big coffee table book. (More about that later.)

I feel so sorry for the families in Kentucky and midwest with the horrible storms.  We know too well that it will take years for the communities to recover.  We often think of "things" we don't have anymore and see things that survived the fire like the Dutch oven in the sketch.  It was in the kitchen stove oven in the fire, I think.  You can read posts on my blog starting here.  https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/search?q=bastrop+fire

Thankfully we only lost things.  My heart breaks for the families that lost their loved ones, too.





5 comments:

R's Rue said...

Well done.

Jennifer Rose said...

did you end up burning the last pages in the book?? lol

Jo Castillo said...

R's Rue, thank you, thank you.

Jennifer Rose, thanks to you as well. The book is finished except for the introduction and the pages I left for introduction in the back. Good for a WHEW! I guess. It's a relief. But more later.

Joan Tavolott said...

Yay...so glad you are at the end of the book. That was quite an undertaking. Nice sketch for the finish. I like it with the adjustment that you tried in Photoshop. Go for it!

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. It was great to finish. After the grand reveal I will write about it again. I did add the brush strokes to the bottom to change the Dutch oven.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)