Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Ink 27 and Hunt 699

Time flies, they say (Gene always asks, "Who is they?"), when you are having fun.  Inktober is drawing to a close.  I think that is a good thing.

We went to dinner at a small local Thai Restaurant, Jasmine's.  It is pretty average.  We had Pad Thai with shrimp and vegetables with beef and Jasmine tea.  The front windows, and probably the side windows, were dirty.  That always makes me cringe.  Everything else seemed clean.  Why don't they wipe down the door?  Anyway they had mugs for our tea and that reminded Gene of my cup sketches so I did a very quick sketch on a coaster.  I misspelled Jasmine's.  Poor planning and no more coasters. I just misspelled, misspelled, too. Sigh...

For Scavenger Hunt 699 - you can always click on the images to see them a bit larger.
Number 3, cup - Jasmine's

This morning I sketched at the dining table.  It was wet on the porch.  We had what is supposed to be the last rain of the month.  It is cooler, too.

The top little car is for Inktober Day 27 - Spark, a Chevrolet Spark, from a photo.  We only have Ford's in our house.  Micron 02 and Inktense.

For the Hunt, Number 4 can - I chose a crushed juice can ready for the recycle.  Micron 02


It is interesting about the misspelling.  We do  a couple of different trivia games.  I always think that spelling, grammar and geography are my best categories.  Is it age?  Spelling is harder ... maybe I just know many more words and can't find the spelling in my brain, eh?  Geography is pretty good still, but there are many country name changes and countries with split ups in Europe and Africa.  I don't study anymore so that is my excuse, uh, reason.  I still like to play, always learn something to quickly forget.

Gene and I thought we were really good on the daily trivia we've playing for years. Now we play with family and Joe from wetcanvas and write our answers down to see results the next day.   We've discovered that when we write down the answers, we aren't as good.  Our minds see what they expect or something like that.






5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Jerry and I have never gone out for Thai food. I've had it twice with my niece that now lives in Australia. I liked it! Glad you sketched the mug from Jasmine's. Your collection must be getting full. I sketched my Inktober indoors yesterday since it was storming outside or what they are now calling a "bomb cyclone." Who makes up these names???

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, Joan. I like most Thai things I've tried. They can make it spicy! Sorry you were bombed! We had about 1/2 inch this morning early so a beautiful day now. You have done such a variety of ink types and techniques for Inktober. Your twig paintings are amazing. I couldn't think of Spark to do from life so did the car from a photo so not good for the Hunts.

Jennifer Rose said...

yes this mysterious group of 'they', who are they and why are they important? :P

Bag Blog said...

I am not a great speller, but I do work at it. If I write out a word in one fluid motion, I usually spell it right. If I stop in mid-word or get distracted, I will usually misspell the word. Of course, I just misspelled "misspell." Who knew it had ss?

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, ha, ha... Thanks.

Bag Blog, exactly! If you just write it without thinking too much, usually better. Misspell caught me, too.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)