Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Inktober Day 25,26 and Hunt 699

Inktober is winding down, it is already Day 26 out of 31.  Whew!  Scavenger Hunt 699 will be our last Hunt on wetcanvas.  With every Hunt lasting 9 days, that is a lot of hunting days.  The big book is getting near the end as well.  Hoorah!  Maybe I will try new things ... or not.  We shall see.

The prompt for Inktober Day 25 was "splat".  I was at a loss.  Today when I saw Mary's sketch of a bug splattered on the windshield it made me laugh.  Just before I saw it, I realized I could have sketched a person falling down .. Jennie would have liked that!  I made this masterpiece with acrylic ink splattered onto a page in a multimedia sketchbook.

 

*** *** *** ***

For the last of Scavenger Hunt 698, I sketched in the big coffee table book.

Number 7, Grapes and Number 8, night light.  Drawn with the Lamy Pen shown.

 

*** *** *** ***

Today for Inktober Day 26, prompt "connect" and Scavenger Hunt 699, Number 1 horizon are in the big book sharing a page.


 I sketch the cords with a Micron 02 and the horizon with the Lamy pen.

 

It is overcast and will make it into the 80s today.  We have had some great fall weather.

 

Sunday was beautiful for Longhorn baseball.

This was last Saturday morning.

 





6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like the colorful look to your splat. Somehow I think I missed your grapes and nightlight in the hunts. We are having a rainy day today, although by us I don't think it is as bad as they predicted. I haven't gone out of the house at all...no reason to go out and get wet. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. We just had rain and cooled off. Last rain for October. Perfect fall. Stay dry.

Debbie Nolan said...

Hugs! Colorful splat made me smile...isn't it fun to paint and do art?? This one makes me think you were having some fun!! Hugs

Jennifer Rose said...

its seems most people just tossed ink on paper for splat, easy one to do :)

Bag Blog said...

I like your "splat." I did a bird pooping on a person. On "connect" I did something that I thought was very funny, but when I showed it to Toby, he said, "I don't get it." I felt like I had been pooped on. Why do I ask him about my art?

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, it was fun to do Splat. My plan took longer than the sketch. Ha.

Jennifer Rose, since I'm not on Instagram I haven't seen many of the different ideas. It was easy for splat.

Bag Blog, thanks. I'll go check yours out! Mary did a bug on a windshield. Yep, sometimes Gene doesn't get it either. He wants detail.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)