Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

New Hunt 614 iPhone Sketch

A new Hunt today, Scavenger Hunt 614
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1474465

I started to sketch at the lab where Gene was having his blood drawn.  There was no line and I barely got my phone ready to sketch, so no sketch there.  We then went to breakfast at the Texas Grill.  I decided to work on "sitting".  I sketched a couple of guys that were finishing their breakfast so had to go pretty fast!

Number 1, sitting - a couple of gents dining at the Texas Grill with Brushes app and my fingers on my iPhone.

My dad would be appalled.  He said men should take their hats of in the house or building.  Especially cowboys who should be respectful, polite and on their best behavior.  My dad was a real cowboy that worked on a ranch .. should say cowhand .. for someone else for room and board and a small salary.  I would imagine he would call this guy a rhinestone cowboy.

I am amazed as well.  Protocol has changed so much.  Men wear their hats anywhere, especially baseball caps.  Not even clean ones!  I see that people don't hold the doors for others, don't pick up their trash, don't say thank you or please.  We are becoming a society of individuals and don't have any community or country spirit.  Few kids know the words to the Star Spangled Banner or the Pledge of Allegiance.  Excuse me, I will stop this rant.

We are a bit behind on our Christmas stuff.  Gene got a few lights up outside.  We got a projection light with the nativity scene, it looks pretty good.  The tree is up and I have most gifts purchased but not wrapped.  We draw names but Santa still has to get goodies for the stockings. 

Hope you all are doing some art and artful things.  I wanted to go see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, but we haven't done it.  It is at the Bastrop Opera House.  Fun to see a live performance.



2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

yeah most guys I know would take off their cowboy hat inside, unless its a barn or a feed store. but most of them are old school cowboys or come from old school cowboys

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks. You know the good guys!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)