Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hunt 564 Sketch

I have two small watercolor sets for sketching and some brushes that hold water.  Very handy for going out and about.  I used one of those today.  Much faster for me and for a sketch without worrying about a plan for a painting or a palette.  There are 12 colors including black and white.  No options for which blue to use, etc. Just mix what is there.

For Scavenger Hunt 564  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456765


Number 6, couch  I did get close to the edge of the paper, eh?  If I would tear it out on the tear line, it would leave the corner of the couch in the sketchbook.    I used  the 7 x 10 inch travel sketchbook.  It is a Canson Mix Media book and takes watercolor pretty well for sketching.  I added the ink which I like for sketching.

I pointed you to Kelly Borsheim, sculptor/painter the other day.  I just got her newsletter which is like reading a book but full of information and tips.  She is a prolific writer and teacher as well as being a great artist.  The link to her newsletter is
https://mailchi.mp/544a16de2682/borsheim-art-news-chianti-wine-olives-and-a-peacock?e=9c21d02bda
You can learn and read back issues and sign up to receive it as well.  Her brother, Steve, has a Air B&B in Hickory, North Carolina, and it is full of Kelly's art.  There is a link from her newsletter, you can stay there and see her beautiful sculptures and paintings.  Photos in the newsletter.

Kelly has an interesting post way back in 2002 titled "I Don't Know Much About Art".  It is about what to think when people say that and then say, "But I like this."
http://www.borsheimarts.com/news/2002_11.htm




2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

That couch reminds me of the one my sister bought when she got married. She bought the love seat, couch, and chair. Her new husband came home and said that he thought he had died and gone to floral hell.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Ha! We bought it when we were replacing stuff after the fire. It was cheap and the chair and ottoman with it are the dark blue of the pillows with little gold accents. Not my favorite color, but it has been worth the money. I love the chair and ottoman, they are "my seat" in the living room.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)