Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, February 19, 2018

Boots at Rest Sketch

Baseball season is here!  We spend so much time on that.  We enjoy it, though, so not all bad.  I sketched while keeping score, not easy to keep perspective and size in between balls and strikes.  About five minutes total, I don't like to miss anything!

Scavenger Hunt 531  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442865

Sketched in my small purse sketchbook.  The pages are about 4 x 6 inches.  Pencil.  At UFCU Disch-Falk Field.  I didn't take any photos.... you know me well if you thought of that ahead of time.

The Horns won the Friday, 3-0,  and Saturday 5-3, games and lost the Sunday game, 1-2.  Hopefully they will not get in the rut of the Sunday loss routine. 

The midweek game is usually on Tuesday evening but this week it is on Wednesday.  We will miss because we are going to see the Carper Family.  Melissa, bass player, moved to Arkansas so they only get together about once a year, now.  Rats.  We saw them at a Prairie Home Companion show in Dallas a while back.  https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/scavenger-hunt-337-and-photos.html 

We are looking forward to that!

Next weekend the Horns play LSU in Baton Rouge.  We would have gone in our previous lives but this year we have used up our travel budget on other things.  Hook 'em Horns!

And a small rant.  I believe we all contribute to violence by showing the bad guys and giving them a stage to become famous which is what they want.  Focus should be on stopping violence and the victims.  That is one of the reasons I sketched the good guys on the wetcanvas outlaw sketch thread.  I am not going to link to that thread and glorify the old bad guys either.  They were thugs and do not justify my time or encouragement in their fame.  There you are then.



6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I don't know how you can keep score and sketch too. I'd lose my concentration. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, that is so true. I am not great at keeping score, I do it so that I pay attention. Sketching did not help my score keeping. Ha.

Lou Baggett said...

I saw baseball wreath on Facebook. It said something like "Gone to the game". Anyway, I thought of you.

Jo Castillo said...

Lou, That sounds like our decoration for sure. The games were good. The Ragin' Cajun fans were louder than the Texas fans. Guess we need to get to know the new players.

Jennifer Rose said...

have a good time at the show :)

I don't think we should name the people who commit violent acts, it can create a copycat for the fame and it most of the time gives the person doing the horrible things the recognition they want. All we need to know is what happened and leave it at that.

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks, we always have fun with the Carpers. We agree on the bad guys.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)