Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Hunting Ellipses Sketch and Info

I did my quick sketching this morning in the big sketchbook.  I used my standby Micron 01 pen.
These are for Scavenger Hunt 516.  The items for this Hunt are one word movie titles.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1435872

Number 7, Shine - glass
Number 8, Jam - jam
Number 9, Blade - from the food processer

My ellipses for the jam lid is OK but off line with the rest.  I looked up a couple of hints for drawing ellipses on Google.  Found a couple of interesting ones.  You can spend a day just looking up things or you can practice, hmmmmm.

Mike Sibley
https://sibleyfineart.com/tutorial--draw-ellipses.htm
I liked this as you scroll down to horizon factor you find hints I needed for the jam and blade.  The glass is not too bad.

Scott Robinson
https://youtu.be/AaZmwHU7vZoThis is a 10 minute video about drawing ellipses freehand.  He sells a book, but has quite a few videos demonstrating techniques from the book chapters.  Good lesson.
So many ideas and things I know and don't do ..... sigh ....

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Fun sketches. Now I'm off to follow the links.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I hope you didn't get lost.....

Jennifer Rose said...

ellipses' are evil :p

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, don't you know it. They are big challenges in still life paintings for sure.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)