Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sketching, As Usual - Old Pastel

These are quick sketches done while watching the news.  They cover about half a page in the big sketchbook.  I used the Prismacolor Premier 03 pen and always sketch freehand.  These are for Scavenger Hunt 346, where you might remember, the items are one word movie titles.


Number 3, Blade - I like my new potato peeler.  Gene keeps this scraper blade on his desk to open "things" he says.  Hmmm.  It is about 4 inches long.


Number 4, Honey - This is a little mini jar of honey from our grandaughter's, Christy's, wedding.  They were favors.  The bow is navy blue as is the label.  Very cute.  Oh and the honey is delicious.

Pear Blooms, Too
Pastel on Pastelbord, 5 x 7 inches
Sold
I was going to post my new painting but I still don't have the edges painted or a photo.  I found this old one to post something colorful and happy on another gloomy day here.  I think this is from the summer of 2010 from a cactus near our old house in Bastrop.  See previous post for more blooms.

The sun just came out for a minute, I will try to get some photos of paintings ...




6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I just saw this post and the one with all the blooming cacti! Love them!!! It is so rare that I ever get to see them in bloom so it was great to see your paintings of them!

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Joan, thank you. I didn't have as many photos as I thought when I decided to paint some. I always think I take too many. They are some of my favorite flowers for sure.

Joanna said...

More pretty cacti! Love 'em.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. I am glad that you like them. :)

Gene said...

It is 3 1/2 inches long and works really well for "opening things" thank you very much.

Jo Castillo said...

Gene, thanks for commenting. I don't know what it is about sketches of blades or knives. They always look dangerous to this clutz!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)