Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Sketching for Hunt 191 and More Raccoon Photos

It is hard to believe I have been Scavenger Hunting since July of 2006.  This is a link to the second Hunt when I started, wow.  This is the link to the first Hunting sketch in my blog.  Hard to believe we have been going for so long.  Jeanne Grant and I are the steady ones from then.  Jamie Williams Grossman started the lists, Hunt #1,  and she still drops in once in a while, too.  It has been fun and it has kept me sketching.

Number 6, spiral - the end of a cork screw here in the condo.  This is the challenge of sketching with dry media, pastel pencils for me.

Also number 6, spiral - in wet media, watercolors.

These are both done on a scrap of watercolor paper, so the pastel is pretty rough.  I did both with no pre-sketching in pencil, that was interesting with the watercolor.  Just about 10 minutes for both.

Sunset when we went to dinner.
Wild roses along the way by the sidewalk.
We forgot to put away the hummingbird feeder and the raccoons were visiting.  Mom had almost finished the liquid.  A baby trying to hide from me.

They started up to the next level and changed their minds.


Then started back.  Shall we stay or shall we go?
Let's just get the heck outta here, we know when we are not welcome.
I couldn't see them after they went down, maybe they scooted off the first floor deck to the far side.  I didn't see them out in the courtyard.  They are sure not afraid of us.  They were hissing though and I was careful not to corner them.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Seeing those raccoon photos make me LOL. They remind me of my grand-girls - so cute and yet they get into everything.

I posted a pic of my pastel on black paper - just for you.

Jo Castillo said...

Awww, your grand-girls are soooo much cuter. Thanks for the pastel on black, I will go have a look. :)

Teresa said...

Wow! You got some good shots of them! We have lots of them around here too... they're bad about carrying rabies so I give them a wide berth.

Jo Castillo said...

Teresa, thanks. You are so right about any wild animal. These are so fearless of humans, I stayed well back!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)