Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Value and Baseball Photos

I'm working on value and color for the classes I'm teaching this week. I wanted to refresh my mind about what Richard McKinley has said about simultaneous contrast on his Pastel Painter's Blog. I was reminded about how much information he has published on his blog. It would be well worth your while to revisit his blog. He is a good instructor. Start with the simultaneous article and dig in to the archives from there.

His information applies to all media, not just pastels. Have a good time!

* * * * * * *

And for baseball. It was a sad state of affairs today, Texas lost 4-1 to TCU. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

I will certainly have more time in the next couple of weeks, I won't be watching full games during the College World Series. That is hours saved. Ha.

From today:

Turning in the official lineups.

Brandon Workman warming up. He did a good job, just didn't have any offense to go with his pitching.

The Horns taking the field.

All over but the cryin'. Pretty goofy hats a few rows down in front of us. :) Are they Workman supporters or safari hats? Hmmmm.

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Thanks for the link on pastel and values. Sorry about them Horns.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you are welcome. Too bad the Regionals were set that way. Both teams were good. Identical records until yesterday as far as wins and losses. I hope Oklahoma wins today and goes on to represent the Big 12 .. while it exists! The game is on ESPN somewhere at 7pm

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I like your Workman warmup photo - good one! When I think about "values" my mind just goes wonky... kind of like trying to understand Quickbooks.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Regina .. I cannot believe how much I know about value and all and still don't do it right in painting. So sad, eh? It is the old thing, do as I say, not as I do. I was painting today and now I am over thinking. Sometimes you just have to paint and forget all the "rules" and have fun.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)