Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Marker Sketches and Help Needed

Footstool sketches while watching TV.  I was more attentive with the shoe than with the measuring cups as you can tell.



 

For Scavenger Hunt 76 in the large Canson Mix Media sketchbook on a page.

 https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-76-july-13-21.5748/#post-96346

Number 1, four things with similar shape - measuring cups that Lea made.  Prismacolor markers, watercolor
Number 2, shoe - Gene's trike shoe.  Blick Studio Markers Gray

 

***  **  ***  **   ***  **   ***

Help Needed....

When we go to The Bugle Boy to listen to live music we try to eat at Ere's Italian Restaurant.  When we went the other night, we were surprised to find the restaurant closed.  Great food and ambiance.

Visar Halilaj, the owner of Ere’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria in La Grange, Texas,  was in a serious motorcycle accident on Thursday June 29.  Visar has 4 children under 10.  The restaurant is his income to care for his family. 

There is a GoFundMe page to help his family until he can hopefully reopen the restaurant.  It will take some time for Visar to recover.  If you would like to help here is the link.

 

 https://gofund.me/114ba61bhttps://gofund.me/114ba61b

3 comments:

Helen Percy Lystra said...

The shoe is well done but I'm a blue lover so I like the measuring cups better.

Joan Tavolott said...

Sorry about the family affected by the accident. Being the sole wage owner for a family is such a hard thing, especially when the business is yours.

Nice sketches. I love the little bowls and like seeing them even though they have been sketched before. Good shoe too.

Haven't done anything for the hunt today. I was feeling crummy the last few days and did a Covid test today which was positive. It will cramp my style a tiny bit, but since I'm so good at going out and working from my car I'm sure I can isolate that way and not be around people. I am feeling much better which is nice. I don't know how we managed to avoid it for so long.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks, life is not so easy. We were sorry for the Halilaj family.
Sorry you are not well. That's the pitts, we were very sick in the first January/February before they announced the epidemic. Haven't been sick since. Never tested positive then and no more testing. We evidently have good bacteria to fight it. Hope you recover quickly. I know you will keep sketching and painting.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1851) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)