Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Back to the Dust - Yay!


 I always like pastels.  Playing in the dust is my thing!

Gene and I went to the paint night at 602 Brew Pub on Main.  A few more painters showed up tonight.  It is fun to see the other painters and what they are doing.

I took a box of 64 colors, Mungyo soft pastels and a small box of mixed softer pastels, Terry Ludwig and Sennelier for the dark colors.  Could have used another dark purple, added that to the eyes when we got home.  Didn't want to carry a big  heavy container of pastels.  I just set my easel on the table so I wouldn't take up floor space.  Worked pretty well.  I didn't need many colors for the photo of Chewie that I chose.

I didn't know what to paint (landscape? flowers? still life? )so I took the wiped off piece of Pastelbord 8 x 10 inches.  After we got there I found a photo of Chewie on my phone.  Pretty cute guy.

A few photos from the evening.  Food was great, too.

Chewbaccca (Chewie)
Pastelbord, 8 x 10 inches
Assorted pastels

 







3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I think it is so fun that the restaurant sponsors this! I'd be there in a flash. Chewie came out adorable...love his red bow tie.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. We could have a margarita or the free beer! Would be fun to paint with you.

Helen Percy Lystra said...

Chewbacca is adorable!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (360) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (41) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (210) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (6) Charity Events (75) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) coffee (1) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) crayon sketches (3) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (78) iPad Sketch (91) iPad sketches (112) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (27) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (306) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) memorial (1) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (413) pastel sketch (142) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (2) Photos (997) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1851) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (180) watercolors (23) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (3)