Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Hunting on a Map

One of the items on our new Scavenger Hunt from Life was "Address ... some thing with an address or location on GoogleMap".  Maybe the idea was to sketch from street view but I did this from our local Whataburger found on the map.  It doesn't really show the address on this map, but does show where it is.


I did this sketch sort of following the first photo on the page.

for Scavenger Hunt from Life Number 40

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-40-sep-28-oct-6.4482/

Number 1, from address on map - local Whataburger in the Ohuhu skethbook with the Ohuhu pens, watercolor and Gellyroo pen for the white.  I realized also that the waterbrushes I used are also Ohuhu brand.  I've had the waterbrushes for years.  They have served me well.

I do like a Whataburger.  We grew up eating Lottaburger in New Mexico.  In the old days they were very similar with the burgers being grilled only after you ordered them, so not really fast food.  Over they years they have adapted to make things faster to serve so many more people.  Both have been around over 50 years.  Lottaburger has New Mexico green chile on your burger as an option.  So yummy.  Whataburger offers jalepeños and had green chile as a seasonal thing. 

The group artists were commenting the other day about how many of our sketches deal with food.  I'm hungry now.

 

 

6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

LOL I wasn't quite sure what Ai meant about the address. Maybe I should find a mapquest location and sketch it on location. Can't say I've had a Lottaburer. We did try one of the burger chains when we were down in Texas the last time but I'm not sure which one. I'm sure Jerry would remember.lol

Jennifer Rose said...

a sweet and spicy bacon burger sounds really good

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Rose, you are so right. Yummm

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I wasn't sure about the address. Google lets you paint from street view. I just did this so didn't copy the photo very well. There are several local burger joints. Whataburger is always the least expensive for what you get. I think Mighty Fine Burgers is local, too.

Jennifer Rose, yes that sounds good right now, I'm ready for early lunch!

bag blog said...

I love Whataburger, but Blake's Lottaburger is the best. We stop in Tucumcari when we can and get a green chili cheese burger - YUM!

Jo Castillo said...

bag blog, Lottaburger is my favorite. I think the ones in Albuquerque have speeded up their system a bit. The small towns still seem to use the old methods. So good with green chile.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)