Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, January 06, 2022

Sketching Watercolor and Pen

Oh, my, it was a beautiful fall like day yesterday.  I'm not sure what we did but at the end of the afternoon I went down by the lake and sketched while Gene rode his trike.  I think it got up to 80 degrees.  We also had some time out on the porch.  Super.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life Number 8  https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-8-jan-5-jan-13.3110/

Number 1, tree and Number 2, water.

I took my waterbrush pens and a Canson watercolor sketchbook.  I forgot to take extra water and paper towels so I had to clean the brushes on the edges of the paper.  Not too bad for practice and a sketch for the Hunts.  The blue is cobalt, I think, and very gray.  The day was much brighter than that.  Not a cloud in the sky.  I put in a few ink lines for definition.  I have a hard time with using watercolor with no lines at all and no drawing.  I'm learning!


Number 3, related to music - my abandoned ukulele hanging on my wooden easel.  The hat and uke are rarely, almost never, used.  The "Puddles" pastel painting sits on the easel waiting for glass and frame.  Sketched with a Pilot Ballpoint pen in the regular paper Canson sketchbook.

OK, back to taking down the Christmas tree and few decorations.





7 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo great watercolor sketch...I enjoy using these two mediums together. It seems like they were made for each other. Hope your first week of January was wonderful. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, they are nice for sketching. Joan Tavolott uses them so well.

Jennifer Rose said...

i just wipe the brush off on my trousers if i forget paper towels lol

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice sketch of the water and the surrounding trees. I had to laugh that you forgot the extra water and paper towels. I've done that too. lol A hazard of the trade I guess.

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Ha. I thought of that. I didn't have on my jeans or I would have done that, too.

Joan, It wouldn't have been so bad except I went there just to paint. It wasn't like I thought I "might" sketch. I went just to sketch. At least I had a result and it wasn't too bad or muddy.

Bag Blog said...

Jesse has been learning to play the Ukulele. And my youngest grandson has one - he thinks he is so big strumming it and singing. Obviously, he gets his musical ability from me.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, that is funny. My mom played the uke and piano by ear. Her piano playing sounded like Floyd Cramer. Obviously I didn't get my playing the uke from her. Maybe a little drawing....:-)


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (207) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (409) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1805) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)