Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Hunting Sketches on CS

It is the new Scavenger Hunts from Life on creativespark.art.  There are fewer artists so we get more feedback and meeting new folks.  Some of course have migrated from wetcanvas.  Wetcanvas is still going but will change after the first of the year so everyone is leaving.  To me it looks like they will have a chat and place to post work, something like facebook.  If you want to see demos or info you will have to stream videos and pay for some of them.  I am not interested in streaming.  Our internet is not good for that.

My final sketch for the first Hunt on CS was in the big book with a Micron 02.  I cannot sketch standing very well and in the big book impossible.  So a table from the porch and sit on a dining chair to sketch in the kitchen. 

Number 11 - under the sink  Sketched with a Micron 02.

 

Today we went to town for lunch.  I sketched in a travel sketchbook with a Prismacolor pen.  I numbered the sketches wrong.  I have no organization lately.

For Scavenger Hunt from Life #2 , Pretty sure you can see the sketches without signing in.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-2-nov-18-26-2021.2621/


I also wrote Graceries instead of Gracie's.

3 Red - Ketchup
4 Vintage - the salt and pepper shakers

#5 Landscape - near the house, well a few miles where Gene rides his trike.

I sketched in the travel sketchbook with a Prismacolor 05 for the restaurant and in a watercolor sketchbook with the Prismacolor pen.  I added watercolor to both when I got home.  Sketch 1 and 2 were never done.  Only in my mind I guess.  So the numbers are wrong and it makes no difference in the long run.  They are just numbered so we know how many we have done.  There are 26 items.  I have not finished all 26 very many times since 2006.

I've been painting with acrylics for the 12 x 12 Christmas show at the Art Center.  Will I get done by Tuesday?  We shall see.  I used to say I worked better under pressure.  It wasn't true of course and even less true now.  I am slower as I age.


2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The red shakers are pretty cool. I like the little landscape too. On Facebook and Instagram, I follow Natasha Isenhour. She has been doing little watercolor sketches to prepare for her pastels and oils. She has never done watercolor before and is learning. Several times she has mentioned how watercolor is very difficult.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. I had some of the red shakers, guess they burned or I broke them?? Natasha does great pastels. I like her empty old gas stations and her landscapes. I think she would be a good teacher, but not sure I'm up to traveling and lugging stuff around. Another excuse not to paint. Pbftt.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (131) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (980) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)