Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Hunting Accesorries

I sketched yesterday in between painting on the floral paintings for the Art Squared exhibit at the Art Center.  I had forgotten how to paint with acrylics .. well, any painting.  I don't like waiting for paint to dry, so in between layers I sketched in the big book with Zig Millenneum 05 pens.


For Scavenger Hunt from Life 2

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-2-nov-18-26-2021.2621/ 

Number 6, socks
Number 7, accessories - for Gene's trike riding, skull cap, shoe horn, computer


Now back to the acrylics.  I'm spraying them today with a satin finish.

By the way, yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby to buy glass for the two pastels that I'm putting in the gallery next week.  I ordered an 8 x 10 inch and an 11 x 14 inch piece.  The girl had a hard time, the blade broke or something on the cutter so we waited about 45 minutes.  This morning I went to get the things out for Gene to frame and guess what, she cut the one 8 x 11.  At least that can be re-cut but another trip to Hobby Lobby.  Sigh....

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have done nothing but paint in acrylic working up to this art battle. It is time for something else - like my watercolor Christmas cards. I have never bought glass from Hobby Lobby. There is a family-owned glass shop in town where I usually buy glass. Since my needs are usually small, they cut them while I wait. Nice folks.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, the acrylics are fun in a way. I try to paint wet into wet and that doesn't always work and have to wait for a layer to dry. Then it drys very dark and have to go again to correct that. So pastel and pen and ink are more my style of once and done. Nice to have a glass shop. We had a couple of good framing places but since Hobby Lobby came they closed up. Sigh....

Jennifer Rose said...

get a glass cutter an cut it yourself? its not hard if you are not cutting huge pieces of glass

Jo Castillo said...

The museum glass was $39. I didn’t want to break it.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (205) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (971) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1790) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)