Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Inktober Day 29, 30 and Halloween

I took the day off on Friday from sketching and art work.  I'm sure you are not surprised.  I've had a lot of days off lately.

I sketched in the big book with a Micron 02.  For Inktober the items are not "from life" and are from photos and memory so they don't fit in the Scavenger Hunts.

You can click on images to see them a bit larger.

 

 

For Inktober Day 29 - patch - a pumpkin patch and the patch on the knee of the overalls.
For Inktober Day 30 - slither - some ice melting on a plate, it kept slithering together when I tried to keep it positioned like I wanted to sketch it.  I couldn't bring myself to sketch a snake.  I do have photos of snakes, but....  I could have sketched a slithery person sneaking out of ???

For Scavenger Hunt 699 - Halloween, a small pumpkin I bought (for what I don't know, is it enough for a pie?  It's about 8 inches tall and in 7 inches in diameter.  I can't remember how much will be left after it is seeded and cooked.)  We never have any trick or treat goblins so I buy lots of miniature candy that we like.  Mixed Hersheys, some Snickers and a mixture that has Hersheys with almonds, Reese's and Mr. Good Bar chocolates.

The Scavenger Hunts are moving to CreativeSpark.art after 699 ends.  It will be interesting to see if we pick up new sketchers on that site.  The few of us still left are all moving or have moved there.

It was coolish out this morning, about 42 degrees before the sun came all the way up.  The warm lakes were steaming in the cold.  Looks like Halloween, eh?  Maybe some floating ghosts.

Hope you have a good Halloween.  We will go to the fall ball Longhorn Baseball game.  Hook 'em Horns!


8 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Who is the little one in the overalls? Cute sketch. The slithering ice on the plate made me smile.

We don't get many trick or treaters here and I wasn't sure if I'd be home tomorrow to answer the door...so I didn't buy any candy. I don't want to be left with the remainder that isn't given out. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, I had a photo of our great grand, second oldest. He is not that chubby. I buy the candy we like, just in case. Like I've said they have community things and we've never had anyone knock on the door but best be prepared. Ha.

Rocío G. Tizón said...

Good paintings. I'm your new follower. May you follow me back? Thanks and have a nice day!

Jo Castillo said...

Rocío, I will try reading your blog in Spanish for practice. It looks interesting. Thank you.

Bag Blog said...

Pumpkin patch was a good idea. I did a scarecrow with lots of patches on his clothes. I couldn't bring myself to do a snake either. I did a fat lady slithering into her jeans. I'll get them posted eventually.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Thanks. I sneaked a peak at your Instagram and saw your sketches. Loved the slithering!! Lots of fun, Inktober, but happy it is over.

Jennifer Rose said...

maybe make a small tart instead of a pie with the pumpkin??

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, ha. It is a lot of work for one tart. Hope it makes a couple. Evil grin.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)