Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 22, 2021

A Plethora of Sketches

A plethora of sketches or at least five.   I've been working on a sketch for a friend and trying to do the Inktober and Scavenger Hunts.  I am also working on some 12 x 12 acrylic paintings for the Art Center for the Christmas show.  We shall see if I get that done.  So no blog for a few days.  Thanks for your patience.

Inktober Day 18 Moon (numbered wrong on the sketch)

This is my mom when she was about 12.  There is a photo of my Grandmother and Grandfather on the moon as well.  I just saw it recently for the first time.  I've liked this of my mom.  The photo is in the archives here on my blog. https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/happy-mother-day.html  This is in the big book with a Micron 02.

** *** **

Inktober Day 19 and 20 are in the big book.  These two sketches on the same page are from photos so cannot be in the Scavenger Hunts which are sketches from life.  In the big book with Micron 02.  Mary said it looks like the kids are on an overpass over the highway.  

Day 19, Loop - Loop 150 around Bastrop.
Day 20, Sprouts - our sprouts, the 5 great grandkids

You can click on the images to see them a bit larger.

** *** ** 

Inktober Day 21 - Fuzzy


This little stuffed hedgehog in a bowl with Lamy pen in the big book.  He is also for the Scavenger Hunt 698, inside - inside a bowl.

** *** ** 

Inktober Day 22 - Open
Scavenger Hunt 698 #5  Appliance


This is in the big coffee table book with a Zig Millenneum 05 and a Prismacolor Chisel pen.


Have a good weekend.  We plan on that.


6 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo you are doing great sketches during this challenge. You will soon be at the end of the month before you know it. Fuzzy made me smile. What a good idea to sketch your stove too. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs!

Joan Tavolott said...

If the kids are on the overpass they had better be super careful. That wall behind them isn't very high. lol

Love the sketch of your mom on the moon and how fun that there is also a photo of your Grandmother and Grandfather on it. You've been busy!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, thanks. When I've sketched so many things here in the house, I have to move them around. I sketch a lot as you know but to "have" to sketch daily is a challenge.

Joan, my GGKs do live dangerously. That was Owen's birthday, the middle one. I can't imagine being around them daily all at once. We got together a few times last October. Hope we can do it again soon. I love the photo of my mom. Thanks again.

Jennifer Rose said...

poor hedgehog stuck in a bowl :P

Bag Blog said...

Your inktober sketches are great! I just finished a wooly mammoth for "extinct". Your mom on the moon is very fun. You really put a lot of work into Loop and sprouts! Very nice!

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, good thing the hedgehog is stuffed and not real.

Bag Blog, thank you. Again I love the photo of my mom. In her later years she was always singing or playing jokes and having fun. She loved being a cowgirl and working outside with the cows. She was a good cook but preferred to be doing the cowboys work and not the cowgirl work. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)