Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, June 04, 2021

One Hunt Over and a New One Begins

It was a nice morning yesterday, lightly raining.  I sketched on the porch in the big book.  I planned to post early but the internet was out when I came in and as the morning went on, we got busy and I forgot to post my sketches.

I'm hosting again, we have had some artists that come in and out.  So, here is the list for this Hunt if you want some ideas of what to sketch this week.

Scavenger Hunt #681: June 3 – June 11

Footstool or step-stool
Fence
Yard art
Canned food
View through a door
Cup or mug
Fist (2 views)
Bucket
Trash bin/can
Folds or folded
Art supply
Corner of a painting
Flower
Small appliance
Candle
Security
Favorite sketching space
Small table
Heart
Mirror
Blue
Reference book/material
Group of 3 something
Slippery
Cooking pot with cover
Recycle
Challenges
1. Do some or all the list in order
2. Hold an item in your hand and include your hand
Have fun all y’all…

I sketched for the Hunt that ended yesterday first with the Lamy pen and added some colored pencil.  Seemed a good idea for both sketches.


For Scavenger Hunt 680, Number 5 something you got recently.  Roger sent us a big jar of chocolate covered raisins.  Sooooo many, but very good.


For Hunt 681

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-681-june-3-june-11/

Number 1 small appliance - I like my mixer probably because it is red.  I was trying to sketch something that I haven't sketched before.  When I started sketching this I had some deja vu.  It was still a good exercise.  I thought of our new coffee maker but it had coffee in it and I would have had to sketch at the kitchen counter.  So mixer it was!

The Longhorn Baseball Regional starts at 1:00 p.m.  Gonna be a problem, 3 inches of rain or so expected this afternoon and more for this whole week.  There are 2 games for today, 2 tomorrow and then a 1 or 2 game final on Sunday.  Yikes.  Soggy....... Hook 'em Horns!

9 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Both sketches are fun. Red mixer, huh? You wild and crazy girl!

Joan Tavolott said...

We've been having a bit of rain too, but it is sorely needed. That big jar of chocolate covered raisins looks yummy. Don't think I've ever seen a red hand mixer.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, hi there! A bit more rain today, yay!
Out to real baseball. Another yay! No masks!
The raisins are very, very nice and chocolaty. :-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo your list looks great...I must try to do a few of your suggestions. I love the raisins...they look good enough to eat :)!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, hi. Joan Tavolott is in the Scavenger Hunts with me. Long time now. Lists have made me sketch things I never would have otherwise. Good thing. The level in the raisin jar goes down every day! I try to stick to about 2 a day. :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

i think one of the reasons we got our stand mixer is because its bright red lol 😀

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thanks, you made me smile. When I bought the hand mixer I wanted one on a stand and they only had yellow so I bought the hand mixer. It is very powerful for a hand mixer and I'm happy to have more room without the stand. It is a Kitchen Aid.

Vanessa Casais said...

Loved your blog and drawings. I followed you and invite you to visit my blog anda follow me too, If you like it. https://primeirolimao.blogspot.com/

Have a nice weekend,
Vanessa Casais
https://primeirolimao.blogspot.com/

Jo Castillo said...

Vanessa, thanks for visiting. I can't read Portuguese very well but I will check out your blog.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)