Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Digital Tree Sketch

Sketching on my iPhone, iPad or computer is so different than actual sketching with pen and pencil.  I try to just go for it like I do with a pen and use the "undo" as little as possible.  It is tempting and easy to correct mistakes or "character lines".  I feel that the sketch turns into a drawing or painting if I get too detailed and "correct".  I do zoom in to make small marks, especially on the app, Brushes.  If you leave the pencil or finger in a spot too long it changes the color of your lines.  I do use the different brushes or paper for texture.

I was having my coffee on the porch yesterday.  It was pretty warm out there but I was there and too lazy to get up and get my sketchbook and tools so just did a sketch on my iPhone with Brushes and my fingers.

 

For Scavenger Hunt 682, Number 1, tree.  This little pine tree is growing, or trying to grow, between the shed and the large pine.  It has a vine growing up on it which may be poison ivy.  Hmmm.

You can see I used a different brush tool for the ivy stuff and the pine branches.  

Digital sketching is fun and frustrating at the same time.  I don't do it often enough to remember things until I get halfway through.  I did remember to put in the background first in this sketch.

John Weiss, the policeman/artist or now should be artist/ex-policeman, had an interesting post about his cartooning in digi and in ink here:

https://johnpweiss.com/blog/169563/what-the-heck-is-haptic-cartooning-and-why-should-you-care3f

 

You know how much I like Kelly Borsheim's art.  She is living in Italy.  I respect her for her knowledge and how generous she is in sharing her ideas.  She is a sculptor, painter, photographer, street painter, writer and more.  At the moment she is carving in stone, have a look on her YouTube  and visit her blog.

https://youtu.be/GExs6kZ_Ah8

http://artbyborsheim.blogspot.com


Then just for fun, visit James Gurney's blog where he is sketching and visiting with a chimp and friends.  He is an amazing artist as well and has much info and help on his blog.

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2021/06/drawing-chimp-portrait.html

 

As always, don't forget to come back here and share my blog.  Thanks for supporting my artistic endeavors.  Nice word .. I enjoyed the PBS mystery, Endeavor.  Did you watch the inspector?  It was the prequel to Morse.  We've been watching Morse on DVDs.  It wasn't as good as we remember or dis-remember.  Still good to watch.  None of the series beat Foyle's War, though.  That is history, humor, mystery and great acting all in one.  A police detective story set in World War II.

 

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

ask! hopefully its not poison ivy! so glad you dont have that here, thistles are bad enough

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, hopefully we don't have to mess with it. The yard folks will do that. Thanks, though.

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo you do a super job with your digital pad. T he colors look vibrant as well. Just goes to show any tool in the hands of an artist works😊 hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie, hi there. Thank you so much ... Enjoy your time off.

Bag Blog said...

I like the digital trees. I used to watch Endeavor and Morse and one other one that I can't think of the name. I loved those. I only saw a few of Foyle's War before I had to quit streaming shows. I have thought about buying the series for Toby and I. We don't really watch TV much, but I think he would like those.

Jo Castillo said...

I got the whole 8 seasons on eBay for less than PBS of Foyle’s War. (I was trying to write with the Apple Pencil. Worse than typing on the iPad. ). I liked Prime Suspect with Helen Miren and Silent Witness. Many more. Now our station is showing Midsomer Murders and we’ve seen them so much but don’t remember until they are half done like Hallmark movies. :-). Foyle’s War has so much history and great characters.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)