Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 29, 2021

Odd Shape and Four Legs

It is close to the end of this Hunt.  I was looking for an odd shape and found this tool or weapon from South America.  It is stone and broken.  I am wondering why it has 7 bumps or points instead of an even number.  Wouldn't that be harder to shape and have them all even?  Interesting for sure.

I usually draw a wine bottle so I looked and found this little oil/vinegar bottle made of ceramics.  It is blue colors with gold trim.  Only about 4 or 5 inches tall.   I have sketched both of these items before.

for Scavenger Hunt 672  https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-672-march-23-31/

Number 5, odd shape
Number 6, bottle

Today I got out a piece of MiTeintes paper, smooth side, ugly powder gray/blue paper.  Tried to cover the paper quickly with a variety of pastels, ha.

Number 7, with 4 legs - a little stuffed kangaroo rat that Gene gave me.  I'm sure I have sketched this, too.  The legs show well for a stuffed animal.  I didn't capture the nose which is rat like.  Pretty cute for a rat!



6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

That's definitely a cute creature!!!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, he is cute and soft. He is a bit bigger than the Beanie Babies. Sits on the back of unicorn hanging on a wall. :-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Jo that is certainly an interesting tool. Your vinegar bottle looks good too. Just love your colorful kangaroo. He made me smile. Hope you have a blessed Easter. Hugs!

Jo Castillo said...

Debbie thanks, the tool is so well carved. Thanks on Easter, back at ya!

Bag Blog said...

I like the Kangaroo. Jesse painted a rabbit lifting one leg to lick its toes. It is probably posted on Instagram. She sent me a picture of the painting before she posted it - wanting a critique. That's when she noticed it seemed to have five legs. We laughed a lot.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, ha, ha. I love Jesse's ideas. Guess I need to get back on Instagram. I just don't like the control Google has. Of course I am blogging here (so far free and ad free) and I use youTube. Sigh.....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)