Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, March 12, 2021

iPad Mystery Sketch

We watch a lot of mysteries on PBS or DVDs besides watching the Hallmark movies.  I sketched while we watched a Midsumer Murders we had recorded on TV.  Directv seems to be thinning out some of our recordings.  Guess they do that when the series is dropped or something.  Irritating.  If it is recorded it should be there.  It is a mystery to me.  :-)

I sketched on my iPad with my fingers.  My Apple pencil has mysteriously disappeared as well.  I'm sure I will find it latched onto something, it has a magnet.

Number 2, to do with entertainment - a Morse DVD out of the box.  Not much attention to detail as I was more interested in the details of what we were watching.  

This is for Scavenger Hunt 670  https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/scavenger-hunt-670-mar-7-15/

As I was checking I see I didn't post number 1.

Number 1, what you have too much of - how about mugs?   I sketched a different one at the Texas Grill on a coaster with a Pilot ball point pen.    I like Pilot pens, they don't skip and don't ball up.  Work well.  The coaster actually has hand sanitizer that leaked in my purse and not coffee, but it looks like coffee so that is good.  It was very quick as I was hangry.  The heart radishes are red, the leaves are green and the little squares are light blue.  It is fun to always get different mugs there.


 



6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I have not watched the mysteries on PBS in a couple of years. Maybe I will find them on DVD. You did well on Morse.

Joan Tavolott said...

You always find such different mugs to sketch! Nice work on the video image.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag blog, thanks. We liked Morse back then so much. He seems a lot grumpier now. We enjoyed Endeavor, the prequel series, a lot. Our absolute favorite is Foyle's War about a policeman during WWII in rural England. You learn so much about history in that one. We have watched it many times. 8 seasons. The characters are wonderful.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. The Texas Grill is an old fashioned place and they have just a collection of mugs instead of the regular "restaurant" mugs. You never know what you will get. They have a cafeteria style lunch .. not a buffet. Fun place to go and very regular food. The waitresses have worked there for years and know what you want. I'm going to try to sketch my mug every time, now. I've done 3 or 4.

Bag Blog said...

I used to watch Endeavor lots, but then it was gone. Either it was over or PBS quit airing it. I did see a couple of Foyle's War when we had good internet and I could stream shows. I really liked it.

Jo Castillo said...

We enjoyed Endeavor, too. We have the last season still recorded, it could go away at any time. Different PBS stations seem to have a lot different lineups. Foyle is top notch.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)