Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, January 09, 2021

Hour Yearling Pastel Sketch

Pastels called to me to do a sketch for the Southwest Forum Monthly Challenge on wetcanvas for January which I am hosting.  You know I don't much care for using photos as my only reference.  Because these are my photos I have mental reference of where we were and what we were doing that day.  That always makes painting easier, to paint what you know.

 Hour Yearling
Pastel on MiTeintes Paper, 10 x 10 inches

It was good to play in the dust.  It is another push to get back to painting.


I follow Mikki Sendarik on my blog reader.  She posts very regularly with videos and "how to" advice.  She was married to Jack White, a pretty famous Texas artist.  She lives in Austin.   You can follow her blog here:

https://mikkisenkarik.wordpress.com/2021/01/06/welcome-2021/

I liked what she had to say about 2021.  This was on her page:

ALL we have is this very moment. We don’t know what is going to happen in the next moment or hour, let alone the next year. We can’t control outside events BUT we can control how we handle them. Bad things may happen; however, we can choose to not let the BAD things overtake us. We can choose to make each and every moment the best that we can. Good Moments add up into Good Days. Good Days into Good Weeks. And 52 Good Weeks add up into a GOOD YEAR! --  Mikki Sendarik
I'm off to have a good day, hope you have a good one, too.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm glad you are playing in the dust. Your yearling is fun. Very colorful. I don't think 2020 was so bad. As we are seeing now, things can get worse.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I like sketching with the pastels but I need to finish that big book, too. You are right 2021 is not looking great. So sad.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (59) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (156) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (132) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (981) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1804) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)