Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Sketchy Day

Today was more of a sketchy day.  The big book called.  I sketched at the dining table with a Micron 02, freehand while Gene finished his journal and got ready for a trike ride. 

 

Number 4, kitchen item - blue garlic jar, present from Jennie
Number 5, jingle - a bell rescued after the fire, obviously a Christmas decoration, now it is black and grayish.
Number 6, novelty - one of Gene's gadgets.  A rain gauge that reads rain, temp in and out, humidity, etc.  Get your rain numbers without going out in the rain.
Number 7 and 8 - pen and ink - a red Lamy pen for sketching and acrylic ink.  I'm hesitant to put the ink in a real pen and might dry as I use them so seldom.  I will use a brush with that ink.  This is a florescent pink color.

These sketches were for Scavenger Hunt 643 which just ended.  On to Hunt 644.  Hooray!


I hope to get to the pastels again and sketch for the Southwest forum's monthly challenge from my photos.  See how it goes.

 Nice morning again.  We would have been in Kentucky if the governor had cooperated.  Maybe we will get there before too long.  This is a sunrise photo from David for the beautiful morning today off his back deck.  Sigh......



 



4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I hate that you are not allowed to go see David and all the babies. It sure looks beautiful from his deck.

I played in pastels yesterday using a sanded paper that I wiped and washed. Right now, it looks sloppy and needs details cleaned up. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. Kentucky is so beautiful and green. They never have to water anything. Guess we will get there eventually.

Looking forward to your painting. I like wiping off something to have an under-painting. I sometimes do that if I'm not liking my start and then I have part of the colors already down. Saves pastel, well sort of. :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

Good sketches for the hunt! Sorry you weren't able to go visit David and the kids. I know with my family I haven't seen anyone in ages. I think Michelle was the last one I saw and that was before all the Covid restrictions.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. Visiting hasn't been available over all. We do see the Austin bunch once in a while here or at a restaurant. Hope we all get out soon. It was good to hear you got out to sketch.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)