Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, June 29, 2020

Silly Shimmery Sketching

"Shimmery" was on the list for Scavenger Hunt 638.


I thought of sketching the shimmering water on our lakes.  Today is cloudy and gloomy and of course warm.  I did the sketch with the gray cloudy skies.  It is in the big book done with a Micron 02 and colored pencils.

The second item for today was "silly".  I found this little stuffed penguin.  It is soft and silly/cute.  Evidently I got it in a McDonald's Happy Meal.  Hmmm.  Same tools on the bottom half of the page. 


Number 2, shimmery  Number 3, silly


We went to breakfast this morning at Maxine's in downtown historic Bastrop. 
Their breakfasts are very popular and in the "old days" a few short months ago, there would be a long line outside.  Gene had the pecan praline griddle cake and I had migas.  Yum..  They are cut to 50% capacity today and we did not have to wait.  I sure hope that we don't lose our local restaurants with this virus.  Crazy!


Another restaurant we frequent is 602 Brew Pub on Main, just a couple of doors down from Maxine's. They have menu and more info on facebook.  
We have patronized Raymond Keyrouz' restaurants since we moved to Bastrop.  The best crawfish chowder anywhere.
I like the sign on the front.

A view down the street, showing the clouds and construction.

Correction on my post from yesterday.  Canada Day is July 1.  EP let me know.  Ha.



4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like the little penguin! Sounds like you have a few good favorite restaurants...sound yummy!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. I didn't remember the penguin. I found it on the shelf the other day. Weird. We do have some good local restaurants, hope they make it.

Bag Blog said...

I don't know if it has been cloudy or if it is the Saharan dust - ha! I like the sign - those may be my kind of shots.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, I know it's my kind of shots! Although, Gene is much more afraid of needles than I am.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1797) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)