Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, April 27, 2020

Sketching Tools

The weather has been super.  Nothing better than sketching out on the porch, right?  I use my footstool for a table so I sort of lean over to sketch.  Straight lines don't come easy that way.  Nice anyway and then put my feet on the stool and relax.

For Scavenger Hunt 630  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480378

We started the Hunts in 2006.  A few of us have been around the whole time and we have had many artists come in and out.  I use the Hunts to keep me sketching.  I feel guilty if I don't take part in each one.  Some of the artists drop in to refresh their drawing skills and then go off to paint or other skills like pottery or jewelry.  A fine group of artists. 

There are many forums on wetcanvas.com with many sub forums.  You don't have to join to look around.  It is confusing at first with all the choices.  For example, Pastels to Soft Pastels and Oil Pastels, Plein Air, Sketching, Watercolor, Photography, Debate, Tools for painting or sculpting, etc.  You can find most media and a group to have fun with.

They are changing format which will mean a learning curve for us old timers.  We will see how that goes.

For this Hunt:

Number 4, serve soup - red ladle
Number 5, cutting - top black can opener that cuts the lid with no sharp edge but leaves a sharp edge on the can ... which is better?
Number 6, opening - the metal can opener with the beer can opener and bottle cap opener
Number 7, with holes - the yellow lemon squeezer
Number 8, protects - pot holder, it is red and blue woven
Number 9, measures - electronic meat thermometer

If you are looking for some free art tutoring, check out Empty Easel
https://emptyeasel.com/art-tutorials/

They have info on many techniques and media.  You will find an interest I bet.


4 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Fun to see all your gadgets in one sketch! We have had so many people pass through the hunts and it is great to see that some of us have stuck around a long time...maybe with a little hiatus, but then some of them return. It is like coming back to your family.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joan. I agree about family.

Bag Blog said...

Thinking about all the people who have sketched with you at Wet Canvas made me think of the old bloggers. Most of those are gone now. My list of people I follow could be cut to one - you.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, you are right about the bloggers, not many left. I still like my blog because I have control of what I put there with no other junk. Facebook and Instagram let me see what they think I should see. So irritating. So, I just use my blog pretty much like my journal and to keep records. I can go back and see what we did on pretty much any week since 2006. People want instant gratification like Twitter.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)