Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Leather and Pastel Show

It was another lazy day here.  The weather was perfect and I wasted it being inside.

I sketched in the big book with the Micron 02 which is sort of my go to sketching right now.  I'm getting close to finishing that book, well, maybe by the end of the year. 

For Scavenger Hunt 630  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480378

Number 2, leather and Number 3, buckle - Gene's cowboy belt.  He hardly ever wears jeans and cowboy boots anymore.  This belt has a leather buckle, too. 

** *** ** *** ** *** **

I rejoined the Austin Pastel Society.  I dropped out because I wasn't going to the meetings and not painting very much.  Life also got in the way.  Right now the meetings and demos will be online so I can do that.  

The big show is always in the spring, April and May.  The show is on line for viewing.  You can see the wonderful entries and winners.  If you look at the paintings you can pick your favorite, click on the image, and vote for the Peoples Choice Award. (I don't have anything in the show)  The show is at Austin Art and Frame on Bee Caves Road in Austin right by Trader Joes.

https://www.artframingservices.com/Art-Art-List.php?eventId=18

Join the Austin Pastel Society on their website and check them out on facebook.
https://www.austinpastelsociety.org/


6 comments:

hmuxo said...

Your sketch of the belt is wonderful, Jo.!
I had three paintings to exhibit to the pastel society this year.. however, my nephew helps me every year since I can't figure it out...lol and unfortunately I won't see him with the Coronavirus quaranteen. We'll see, maybe if I take my time I can figure it out!!
Take care of yourself.

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, thank you so much!! Too bad about the show. Your pastels are so wonderful. I could try to help long distance. I could at least resize photos if you need that. We miss seeing the kiddos live and in person. There have been lots more photos back and forth especially with the greatgrands so that is good. Stay well.

Jennifer Rose said...

you'll have to get another big book ;)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose....NO!, don't say that. Someone might hear you. What did the raven say about nevermore???

Bag Blog said...

Toby doesn't wear his cowboy stuff as much anymore either. Well, he wears jeans, but not his boots and belt or hat.

I looked at the APS show. There are some nice pieces there.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, The APS show was nice. I differ on winners, don't we always? Ha.
Jeans was our uniform growing up, well Levis and Wranglers. Now for Gene is shorts and stretchy pants. Me stretchy pants, never wore shorts or sandals.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (26) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (299) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (977) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1800) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)