Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, March 02, 2020

Scavenger Hunt 623 Water

We were at a doctor's office waiting as usual.  I think doctor's visits come with age.  Nothing urgent or anything to worry about.

Sketching in waiting rooms doesn't give you many unusual opportunities.  I've sketched different water coolers many times before.  This one had Nestle water.  Never saw that before.

Number 3, water - no association today.  In the small Canson mix media sketchbook, 5.5 x 8.5 inches.  Most of the page with a Pilot ball point pen.

I read a blog about showing your work more than once.  Sorry I didn't mark the blog to share it with you.  In the meantime I've heard this in a couple of ways that make the idea stick.  Advertising works that way, you have to repeat the ad to have results.

I recommend that you show your work on your social media over again after a few days or weeks.  If you use facebook for example also show it at various times of day.  Some people only look in the morning or after school or before bed or whatever.  They may have missed your first post.  Also after you see a piece over again, it grows on the viewer.  They might see something they missed or think, "Wow, I didn't notice the light before."

Show it to friends and family.  They are some of your best supporters and share with their friends and coworkers.

Keep up your efforts.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Speaking of that I like this painting of mine:

Breakfast Time
Pastel on Pastelbord
12 x 12 inches

More about it here on my website.
https://www.jocastilloart.com/workszoom/3393481#/

8 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

We were at the doctor's office today too. I think it was the smallest doctor's office I've ever been in...and Jerry was taking up a lot of space in his high-backed wheelchair. He was having his amputation looked at by his vascular surgeon who like everyone else thinks it looks great. No room inside for me to sketch...or even to sit. lol

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, happy the amputation looks good. What a procedure, wishing Jerry the best.
I dread going to the doctor now, there are always sick people there! Ha. Not a good place to sit and wait.

Bag Blog said...

I bit the bullet and got Hughes Net. Toby was not pleased with me, but I don't think he understands how much I missed my blog buddies.

The watercooler sketch is nice. Glad the doctor visit was nothing serious. I love the Breakfast Time painting. Cows are always good subjects to paint. Well, to us cowgirls they are.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, good luck with Hughes. We have ViaSat. Most times it is good. From about 6pm to midnight it is soooooo slow. Oversold. Of course weather interferes, this morning we had thunderstorms and it was not good for about an hour, same with Directv since it is satellite, too.

Checking up for Gene. All is fine.

Thanks on the cow and calf. I do love cows faces.

Fun for you to be back in the world!

Mary Lemmenes said...

What great advice, Jo! Thanks for sharing it. Love your cow momma and calf--such a peaceful subject, beautifully done.

Jo Castillo said...

Mary, Hi! and thank you. the cow and calf were in Smithville area nearby. I think many times we put a painting on line only once. Not nearly enough. :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

great looking cows :) very nice lighting :)

I should be posting art multiple times on places like twitter, but always forget to lo;

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you, I love my cows.
Yes, we should be posting our work several times, especially if we don't have galleries or shows.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)