Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hunt 264 Last Sketch?

Tomorrow is the last day of Scavenger Hunt 264 and the start of 265.  Is this the last sketch for Hunt 264?  We shall see.  We have baseball tonight but I should have time to sketch.

For Scavenger Hunt 264


Number 7, fruit
Number 8, can - a stretch substitute as the baskets are made of metal

I bought these baskets to save space on the counter.  We have high counters so these baskets can't be too low, so the top one will have to hold a decoration of some sort.  It could be a small plant, hmmm.

***  **  ***  **   ***

We had an interesting question on the Trivia game we play with Gene.  A geography question which always interest me.  I liked geography in school and was pretty good at it.  The world's countries have changed so much in the years since we are out of school (more than 50) that I'm not as up on things as I should be.  

The question with multiple choice answers:
Which of these cities is farthest south?
Rome
Moscow
New York City
Vienna

I won't look until tomorrow when Gene posts the answer.  In the meantime it is between New York City and Rome.  Rome has the warmer climate so I picked it.  Of course it could be warmer because of Italy being on the Mediterranean.    I'm also pretty sure that New York is about the same distance north as England, so that still makes Rome farther south.  What do you think?  You can check it out, but I will wait until tomorrow.

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice tiered basket. I'm leaning toward Rome as the most southern. Will be interesting to find out. Hope baseball was fun.

Bag Blog said...

I choose Rome, too. I still play Trivia Crack with my friend, Janice. Geography is not my best subject, but it is by far not my worst. Sports is my worst. I know about old sports, but not new stuff. Same with movies. What does that say about me?

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you. The baskets work pretty well, leaves the room on the counter. New York City was the right answer. Who knew? Well, a couple of my kids guessed.

Bag Blog, we are getting up in years, eh? Us more than you, but still. Gene quit putting movie and celebrity sports stuff on our Trivia. W know nothing! (Sgt. Schultz on Hogan's Heroes) Gene and I always did the Trivia without writing our answers, thought we were good until we started sharing our answers with family. Not so good after all.

I'll post the answer and explanation on my blog today.

Bag Blog said...

I do the Sgt. Shultz' "I know nothing" all the time, but these days, no one knows what I am saying or where it comes from. Yep I'm old.

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, Bag Blog, if you are old then we are ancient!! Thanks for stopping by.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)