Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, August 23, 2019

More of Hunt 599

The other day we went to get some groceries and I attempted the umbrellas outside while Gene did the shopping for more of Scavenger Hunt 599.  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469880

I struggled with the tables and benches.  I could see the top of the table and the top of all the benches but  my angles kept putting part of the benches out of sight under the table.  Don't know why I couldn't see it.  I came home and did the tables on my iPad and finally got it but didn't save the sketch.  Too frustrated.  I'll post it anyway for my journal......

Number 4, umbrella - this is out of order as well as I kept leaving the sketchbook in the car.  It is in the small book with a Micron 02 or Prismacolor 05.  Not sure what I had with me.  Didn't write it on the sketch.  Sigh....

Number 7, top shelf - over the cabinets in the kitchen.  Micron 02 in the travel sketchbook.

Number 8, glass - the frosted glass on the ceiling fixture over the island in the kitchen.  Iron trees.

Number 9, egg carton and Number 10 pepper - in the large watercolor sketchbook with watercolor, Pitt brush pen, Zig 05 and Rollerball white.  The half carton if for hardboiled eggs so we can tell which are which.

We hope to go to Cimarron this afternoon to see it the Hotel St. James is still a good steak place and we haven't been there this year.  It has a lot of history and is supposed to be haunted.  Pretty scenery if the sun is out I hope to take photos.

We will go there again when Joanna comes to see our friends Byrd and Street.  www.byrdandstreet.com on September 6.  About the hotel and restaurant on their website  http://www.exstjames.com





8 comments:

hmuxo said...

Wonderful sketches, JO... as always! I LOVE your watercolor of the egg carton and bottle of pepper...nicely done.!!!
I hope you have a good time in Cimarron..I haven't had a good steak in a LONG time..

Jo Castillo said...

hmuxo, thank you so much. Our trip was good and interesting. My steak with enchiladas was pretty good. Gene had a ribeye that was all gristle. Not up to their standards at all. I'll post photos from the drive next post.

Joanna said...

That light fixture is interesting!

Joanna said...

Also, Heather asked me to tell you last night that she’s been enjoying reading your blog. Why she can’t just post that herself is beyond me! Melissa seems to keep up as well. :-)

Joan Tavolott said...

I find picnic tables hard to sketch since the bench and the table need to be level. Tables and chairs are easier. lol Looks like I missed this hunt. My plein air event ended today so maybe I will find time to start on the next one. Sorry the dinner wasn't as good as you hoped.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, there are metal covers on wall lights, too. Curtain rods are iron, too. I see something new every day. Fun.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, the picnic table drove me nuts. I think it might help to use a proportional drawing tool, they are shaped like an X. Of course I didn't have that with me or time to really work on it. Maybe this Hunt. Umbrella is on the list again. Or maybe I will just draw my art umbrella!

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, thanks for passing on the info on the lurkers. Now I won’t say anything bad about them. Hi Melissa and Heather.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los NiƱos. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (25) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1799) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)