Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, September 03, 2018

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day if you are in the States or celebrate this holiday today.  Many places have a labor day on May 1 as I recall.  We will go to a neighborhood taco night down the street.  Sort of a farewell to the summer folks as most things/places close from Labor Day until ski season. 

It was cool, cloudy and rainy yesterday.  We got about 1/2 inch of rain.  That is good for here.  It is sunny and beautiful this morning.

I sketched in the big book with the Prismacolor 03 fine line marker/pen.  Normal homework, boring......  I thought this was the last day of the Hunt because I usually get about 10 - 13 items sketched.  Well, three more days to go.  What to sketch tomorrow or later today???  There are 12 more items to choose from.  Hmm.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453129


Number 13, open/opening - the counter opening from living to kitchen areas.  We are clutter bugs so most flat surfaces have our "stuff" on them.  You may remember that at home I always have to de-clutter before our housekeepers arrive. 
Number 14, pencil - these are my crossword pencils.  I got them at Walmart and like them a lot.  They say USA on them.  What's not to like?

We have two weeks left here in Angel Fire.  I think I'm ready to go home.  I do not relish packing again, will have to de-clutter to get started.  We always bring too much "stuff".  We did this year as well, even though we forgot many things.  Gene is a list maker and he didn't make a list.  We will also travel a bit more as we go home.  We have more family to visit.  Our cool summer is almost over.

6 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Our Labor Day was cooler and rainy, which was great since a thunder storm knocked out our air conditioning. Toby put in some old window units for the rest of the weekend. Today I will call the air conditioner guys.

I am a clutter bug too. My goal in life is to have a table or kitchen island without junk all over it and to use those things as they were meant (rather than to collect junk).

On your way home, you are welcome to come by for a visit.

Jo Castillo said...

Hi, Bag Blog. Yep we must be related! Sorry about the air, wow. Don't guess we will make it by this year as we are headed to Arizona from here! Next time!

Jennifer Rose said...

we have too much stuff lol I dont think we have a clear counter anywhere in the house, hell there are tools on one counter in the kitchen :p (handy though when you need a hammer and dont want to go outside to the garage to get one lol)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, you made us laugh out loud! Thanks.

Joan Tavolott said...

Happy Labor Day a few days late. Nice sketch of the open rooms! If I had a cleaning lady I would need to clean before she came. lol Enjoy the end of your time there and travel home safely!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks. I did not even try to sketch all the "stuff on the counter and table. Gene always tells everyone I clean before the cleaners come. I just put away the junk so they can clean. Crazy.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (76) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (103) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (130) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (976) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1798) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)