Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, June 29, 2018

Hunt 547 Yesterday

A quick post just for the records.  One of the songs on the list was Yesterday and you/we were to sketch something from memory from yesterday.  The attempt to portray Gene on his trike falls far from the mark.  It neither looks like him or his trike.  Also he is traveling downhill which I rarely see.  It is flat around our house.

For Scavenger Hunt 457  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449880

Number 3, yesterday- something from your memory from yesterday.

One rule of the Hunts is to sketch from life.  This may illustrate the reason for doing that.  On the other hand, trying to remember what we saw may help in sketching and painting as the artist looks and  then looks away to make the  marks.

There are fewer and fewer readers on blogs.  Other social media is taking over.  Oh well, this journal is still my record of life and my favorite social media.  At this point it is still under my control!!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

people are reading blogs, not as many sure, but they are still out there :)

hmuxo said...

You made me cackle Jo!!! But it is a nice sketch!!!!! Enjoy this beautiful day...

Barbara Pask said...

Oh I think you did a great job with this. I joke that I don’t work out of my head as there’s nothing in there, lol.

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you for sticking with me and commenting when I never answered. Ha.

hmuxo, thank you so much.

Barbara, I thought I was the only one with nothing upstairs!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (975) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1796) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (13) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)