Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hunting to the End

Scavenger Hunt 541 flew by.  A few sketches for the end of the Hunt:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447519





Number 4, always with you on a trip - I love my iMac and take it like a laptop if we are gone over a week.  Pencil in the small Canson Sketchbook
Number 5, makes me happy - eating out, this is at the new Kyoto restaurant in Bastrop
Number 6, tree - with the Bastrop Sketchers at Fisherman's Park, Prismacolor 05 and watercolor
Number 7, 2 leg animal - kids at the park

We had a new sketcher.  Mike joined us.  An nice time and beautiful morning.  Pomona went with Gene, Jennie, Brandon and I to lunch.

Yes, that means our grand-dogs went home yesterday.  I slept in until 7 this morning.  It is sure quiet here now.  Gene is off on his trike and  ......  silence.  With the three doggies, there is nearly always some movement and breathing or barking going on.  They were not too bad considering they were stressed from being away from their home.  By the time they were used to us, it was time to go.

So, I listened to Greg Whitfield's Alphasongs.  He has written songs about the letters of the alphabet.  Very cute.  I bought some CDs for our great grands.  Had to get one for me, too.  Fun and nice music.
They are working on animated videos of the songs.
Here is a link to a YouTube version of the letter S
https://youtu.be/p6rJH_ooYGY


Mother's Day came and went.  Joanna and Larry came out and we went to the Roadhouse in Paige.  Good food and less crowded than the Roadhouse in Bastrop.  Nice day and Mamita was by my Computer when I got up in the morning.  Very cute and one of the softest puppies ever.  My companion now, but quiet!

Baseball is winding down.  The last home games will be here today through Saturday against TCU.  Hopefully the Horns will win the series.  The Horns have won some games coming from behind which they have had trouble with in the past.  Part of the spirit of the team is from Jake McKenzie.  You can see him on this video.  A 4.0 Petroleum Engineering student, he can play ball and keep up his work.  He will start an engineering job in San Antonio in August.  Congratulations to Jake for all his hard work.
https://texassports.com/news/2018/5/16/baseball-lhn-the-mind-of-mckenzie.aspx

Hook 'em Horns!

6 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

You found time to do quiet a few! Nice quiet new puppy.

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, sketching felt like homework this week. The plush puppy is very soft. Much more than it looks. Thanks for stopping in. You have sketched so much on your trip down under.

Jennifer Rose said...

nice round of sketches :)

I am not a Mac fan lol which is odd considering what I have been doing for the last 4 years. most graphic designers use Macs, I'm a PC gal :)

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you so much. We've had Macs since the 80s, can't live without them. Until they went to Intel chips I had programs that worked on every computer with no updates. Loved them, especially the old games. Aw, well, the world changes and I will slowly come around, have to. Congrats on finishing your classes with such great success! Hard work.

Bag Blog said...

I had some peace and quiet this weekend for a few minutes anyway. After the Paint in the Park and before toby got home, I had the house to myself.

I love that Gene buys you stuffed animals. It makes him seem like a softy - ha!

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, Gene has always been a softie! I thought though, that when he started taking female hormones for his prostate cancer he would be more sweet and sentimental. Well, he has PMS instead!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)