Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Catching Up - Enid's Pastel

The pastel painting we "won" at the Empty Bowl Project is Volcanic Rock by Enid Wood.  www.enidwood.com  Beautiful, as are all her paintings.  I especially like the ones from New Mexico, of course, and this one is special.

Volcanic Rock
9 x 12 pastel
Enid Wood 
(copyright)
I picked this photo off her website.  The light in person is more striking and warm.  I love it!  A quote from Enid when I told her we got the painting and to thank her for her generosity to the Food Pantry event:
Thanks for bidding on and winning my painting! It’s an early one, from a trip to Taos with Albert’s mentorship class. The location is the river access in the low road, across from the Visitor’s Center. I painted it in my Pittsburgh studio and retouched the cloud and distant horizon in my Bastrop studio a few years later when I reframed it. I’m so glad it is yours now. I always liked it.
We have driven by that spot many times.  "I be happy, as Larry used to say.


I follow a lot of artists on their blogs.  I really enjoy knowing more about them and the way they work.  Hilda M. Klinger is on my reading list and on the sidebar links.  https://muxopastels.blogspot.com/  I realized this morning that I had her name mispelled.  Shame on me.  Hilda, you may see her here commenting as hmuxo, does beautiful pastel portraits.  She paints other things beautifully as well, but is very accomplished in portrait work.  Be sure and have a look.

Other social media is full of ads and junk "they" think I should see. I'm not interested in politics and cat videos.   It is a constant time consuming effort to update apps, block ads, move folks to the top of my reading list, etc.  Call me old fashioned and give me a blog to read anytime.   I also use a blog reader which gathers posts from the blogs I follow.  It is easier to see them all in one place and not have to go check if they posted anything.  Easy peasy.... user friendly!

   


2 comments:

Lou Baggett said...

What a nice prize! I'd be happy too!

Jo Castillo said...

Lou, yep! Just have to find room for my "happy pieces of art". I still love my "houses" you painted. I can see the Ecuador house from here. I'm smiling....


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1793) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)