Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Friday, October 27, 2017

Hunting Halloween Sketches

It is cooler and windy today so drove the car in the neighborhood to sketch some Halloween things.  These are for Scavenger Hunt 516 with one word Movie titles for items.

I took the big book and the Micron 01.  I give a big shout out to Joan Tavolott (link below) who sketches in her "car studio" all the time, especially in cold weather.  It is not easy, at least not holding the big book on the steering wheel!

Number 11 (or maybe 10, I think I counted a sketch that wasn't for this Hunt), Halloween - we have nothing so sketched a couple of things at a couple of neighbors' houses.  The pumpkin on the fence is a sparkly metal mesh and lighted up at night with orange mini lights.  We don't even have any candy with Halloween decorations on it. 


Number 12, Radio - the only radios we have now are in the car.  The viewing panel for the radio and all is above the air conditioner and I chose not to sketch all that.

We went to the Front Room in Smithville for Sushi Night last night with friends.  I fully intended to sketch their Halloween stuff.  We got there a few minutes early but I didn't take my sketchbook.  Normal, right?


They had some cute things up.  The tree stays with decorations for each season.  There are wine cork decorations and the red devil horns head band.  Cute.

The pumpkin is small as you can tell by the lights.  I like the witches hat!

This Hunt ends today, we shall see where we go from here......

Art Note:

Wow, beautiful and who would have thought maritime paintings would be in Southwest Art?  Joan Tavolott , http://watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com/  , will like these.

Don Demers
https://goo.gl/G13UR9

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

I had a hard time with the one word song titles. lol Good sketches of the Halloween decorations. My secret for the mobile studio is to put my seat back as far as I can make it go. I sketch and paint with my book or board on my lap. I find the angle too strange if I rest it against the steering wheel.

Bag Blog said...

I have done some decorating for fall, but not necessarily for Halloween. That would put me over the top on craziness. It is funny that people on the internet usually complain about Christmas things coming out before Thanksgiving, but this year I have seen lots of Christmas things out in stores since about Oct 1. Good Grief!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thanks for the hints. I could have moved to the passenger seat as well, but you know .... lazy me! You did great for Inktober!!

Bag Blog, the kids here go to town for Halloween, the stores downtown have contests, candy, etc. We have never seen a trick or treater in all the years we have lived here. I still buy candy! Always the kind I like! I agree about Christmas. Our Walmart and Hobby Lobby are selling starting about 3 weeks ago. Good Grief, is right!

Joan Tavolott said...

Jo, I have a hard time sketching from the passenger seat. It restricts my right arm having the door on that side. lol I guess I am too fussy. Happy Halloween!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, we all have our "druthers". I'druther sketch with my foot up on my stool in the easy chair with a glass of wine. Ha.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)