Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Pencil, Pastels, Sketch

As mentioned, I got Jennie's hand me down iPad Pro.  It is pretty nifty, but I still prefer my computer.  Why is that?  Everyone seems to be tuned in to their smart phones and tablet thingys.  I like all my "stuff" here on the computer, not off in hinterland or clouds.  Sigh.....

Nothing to do but buy the Apple pencil to go with the iPad.  We went to Austin yesterday to get Gene's trike which he had left for a tune-up.  After we got the bike we went to the Apple Store at the Domain and picked up the pencil.

We had dinner at CRÚ Wine and Food Bar.  http://www.cruawinebar.com/  Sort of fun.  We had flights of wine.  They bring 2 oz. of three kinds of wine so you can compare.  Gene tried the merlot flight and another with three red wines.  I tried the sauvignon blanc flight and then another with three other varieties of white.  Gene had scallops and I had halibut.  Very expensive but I guess it was date night, right?

Back to the pencil .. that is a new learning curve, too.  It does lots of tricks but my fingers can do most of them anyway.  I have a couple of painting apps that work with it.  I tried ArtRage last night and this morning.  Just trying the different tools.

I was trying to give the feeling of pastels on this made up painting.  Maybe I will find the pencil easier if I practice more.  I always have to relearn the apps so that takes long and guess who gets bored?

I also sketched this morning out on the porch.  I sketched in the big book with a Prismacolor Chisel Edge Marker for art.  The ink ran through the paper a bit.  Next time I will go lightly, let it dry and go again like watercolor.  Different for the day, anyway.

For the new Hunt 506 http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431790

Number 1, has handle - One of Gene's canes and a picker-upper thing he uses.


***  **  ***  **  ***  **  ***

New watercolor artist, to me, on Artfinder, Art of the Day,  today:  Yurly Kraft
This was the quote about one of his horse paintings:

Aspen II by Yuriy Kraft
Watercolour

"When I am with horses, I am a better version of myself... I am not worthless and there's nothing wrong with me. I am not shy, not weak, not empty. When I am riding, no matter how many times I might fall, I have no scars. I am not broken. I am safe. I am myself. Horses are my life... The rest are just details."
You can see it here on Artfinder.  Scroll down to find it.   https://goo.gl/8bFCoq

I liked the quote.
You can subscribe to Art of the Day here.  https://www.artfinder.com/blog/category/aotd/#/


2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I don't use my table or phone for digital drawings, that is what the drawing tablet is for. i do use my tablet and phone for reading a lot of the time tho, easier than carrying a heavy book around.

your digital piece looks good, thought it was real pastels. the stylus's def have a learning curve to them

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, I started drawing on my computer back in the 80s with the graphics program in Clarisworks. I started drawing on Gene's first iPhone and do the phone very rarely since I got an iPad. Need to try it again. Smiling. They certainly are easier to carry around. Always takes me longer to do digital sketching. You do great!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)