Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Monday, April 10, 2017

Sad Plastic Plant Sketch

The surgeon's office was the site of my latest sketches.  He released me!  I am to work my way back to a full diet and no heavy lifting for a few weeks and I am good to go!!  Nice, eh?

Anyway, the plastic plant in the office was so sad.  It almost looks wilted.  Maybe they tried to be a bit too realistic.  It looks better in my sketch than in real life.

Number 9, plastic - plastic plant
Number 10, hard - lamp
Number 11, four legs - chair

Soft was on the list, too.  I considered the cushion on the chair, but it did not look any too soft.  The office is a secondary office for the surgeons.  It is near the hospital and is used just for follow up visits.  An old building.  It was where I  had a doctor's appointment even before we moved to Austin over 20 years ago.  I guess having an office there can certainly save money.  Smiling.....

We went to the baseball game yesterday afternoon.  It seemed long and dragged out.  The Longhorns lost to the Oklahoma Sooners, 2-1.  The Longhorns won the first two games so won the series.  It was a pitching duel, the hitters were not hitting for excitement.  Next game is with Texas State on Tuesday night.  Hook 'em Horns!  (Texas State won the last meeting in San Marcos, 11-10, so the Horns turn this week!)

There is a new "Urban Sketching" group in Bastrop.  I missed the first outing and the meeting, but will go on Wednesday and see how it goes.  I need to get out and about, don't you think?  Sketches to follow.....

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I'm glad you are getting back to normal and doing well.

I want to start an urban skethers in Duncan when the Shay's coffee shop gets fully opened - soon.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, it is nice not to worry about what to eat! I lost 10 pounds, hope I can keep it off. If I eat less, I feel better, so it may work this time.

Shay's coffee shop will be a great place to have your group end the day ... or start the day. Fun!!

Jennifer Rose said...

thats good news from the dr! :)

maybe the plant was real?? and people forgot to water it

Jo Castillo said...

Jennifer Rose, Ha! It was sad for sure.
I'm feeling good! Out sketching today.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (973) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1794) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)