Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sketching Yellow

Scavenger Hunt 450  http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20820574#post20820574
is in full swing.  I always flinch when I see "yellow" on the list.  In our house, that color is very scarce.  Gene has a couple of New Mexico shirts that, like the New Mexico flag, is yellow with a red Zia sun symbol on it.  We have a battery powered fly swatter and a couple of Gene's tool containers are yellow.  We have some new cleaning cloths that are yellow.  That is about it.  Oh, and sometimes, bananas.   I have sketched them all.

We were on the porch this morning and I said to myself, that's a wonderful thing .... no that is a song .. I said to myself that I could sketch the fly swatter or Gene in his yellow shirt.  You see which won.  It is so nice that Gene doesn't mind, too much, how he looks in my sketches.  He is a good sport about my mistakes and often asks, "Do I look like that????"

This is Number 5, yellow - Gene is not that tan.  Really.

This is one I did in 2013.  Guess the truth all falls somewhere in between in colors and looks.   Poor Gene!

Today is our grand-dog's birthday!  Happy Birthday to Romeo!

Sometimes it is good to just get out of the house.  I went with our friend, T, to breakfast or brunch about 10:30 a.m.  Good to talk art and just have a few laughs.




8 comments:

Bag Blog said...

It's Friday and I am free again. Your latest Gene in Yellow is really good. You captured his likeness.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, thanks. Notice he hasn't commented yet. Good to be free!

Jennifer Rose said...

big improvement between the 2 sketches :)

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Jennifer Rose. Gene is a patient subject. :-)

Joanna said...

Love the sketches of Dad. They make me laugh.

Jo Castillo said...

Joanna, the sketches of Gene are good for something. Smiling. He is a good sport about posing. That is a good thing.

Joan Tavolott said...

I like your choice of yellow! He does seem to be a good sport about being drawn. Good digital sketch!

Jo Castillo said...

Joan, thank you so much. I need much more practice at sketching people!


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (355) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (204) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (154) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (970) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1784) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (69) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (9) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)