You can see some of his western art here and then click on his home page to see more. I really like his pastel paintings. Big surprise, eh?
Anyway I spent about an hour on this pastel sketch.
- You can leave them out, ready to paint.
- Fast, no waiting for paint to dry.
- Rich colors with not much fading if you use good pastels.
- Easy to create texture or have a smooth finish
- Under painting with water, alcohol, spirits or just dry pastel
- It is drawing and painting at the same time
- Easy to make changes